We are seeking a Director, Strategic Implementation – PSJH to responsible for providing programmanagement, strategic project management, analysis, and strategic decision-making support to Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) senior executives and their functions. This position manages both direct and virtual teams from concept phase through transition to operations of large, complex, strategically-essential, high risk, cross-functional and cross-regional system initiatives and related projects. This position fills a key position as an analytic and strategic business partner to senior executives, flexibly responding to needs and enhancing the internal capability within the organization to develop and drive change. Strategic Services customers include members of Executive Council, Shared Services Leadership Council, Regional Leadership Council, Clinical Council, and other System leaders and groups.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Directs a staff of strategic implementation managers and project managers (solid line reporting) and provides mentoring and oversight to embedded project managers (dotted line or informal reporting). Responsibilities include recruitment, performance management, and ongoing professional development.
- Oversees project managers developing project documents including charters, objectives and metrics, action plans, stakeholder engagement plans, and monitoring systems.
- Works to identify, implement, and monitor System strategic initiatives, projects, and goals by working with PSJH leaders in the development and documentation of charters, objectives and metrics, action plans, stakeholder engagement and communication plans, and monitoring systems.
- Leads development of senior executive chartered projects/initiatives from concept phase through transition to operations using combination of analytical, project management, change management, facilitation, and business management expertise. Ensures tracking of financial, human, and technical objectives for each project. Provides project status reporting to executive sponsor, initiative owner, project team, and other stakeholders as requested. Develops project-specific escalation and issue management protocols.
- Conducts strategic assessments and analysis. In partnership with business development, creates business cases and business plans for initiatives. Develops initiative-specific implementation plans and manages activities against the plans. Sets up and leads multi-disciplinary work teams, both direct and virtual. Ensures effective communication, training, and post-implementation support strategies are created and implemented among all stakeholder groups.
- Engages stakeholders in solving problems. Utilizes change management and performance improvement tools. Builds awareness and commitment to the change effort, and leads the ongoing communication and alignment of stakeholders throughout the process. Conducts post-initiative assessments and makes recommendations for improvement based on those assessments.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Public Health, Public Administration, or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility in management level (project and/or people) experience with specific facilitation, performance improvement, problem solving, and projectmanagement experience of complex, multi-regional, strategically important initiatives.
- Anticipates and takes personal responsibility with appropriate sense of urgency for customer satisfaction.
- Consistently goes out of the way to listen, understand, and support the needs of others in a sensitive manner.
- Performs challenging tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Anticipates problems and takes corrective action prior to completing the task.
- Sets challenging objectives and works against self-defined standards of excellence to continually improve personal performance.
- Demonstrated planning and project management skills.
- Proven ability to set business strategy.
- Strong attention to detail and outstanding analytical skills.
- Action-oriented, achieving results effectively and efficiently and consciously encouraging others toward the goal with their passion, words, and actions.
- Navigates relationships, authority, and decision-making effectively within a matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated management skills and ability to work effectively to build relationships with colleagues, customers, and executive management through positive interaction.
- Partners effectively through influence, leading change confidently and adjusting personal leadership/communication style to work well with various groups of people, teams, and functions and achieve desired results.
- Demonstrates a conscious awareness of their impact on others and adjusts their behavior to increase their personal effectiveness with all.
- Strong commitment to personal and professional development and success of team members.
- Handles conflict immediately and effectively to respectfully achieve a positive result.
- Proven ability to organize multiple projects, schedules, and demand to meet shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to study, understand, adapt, and respond effectively to a constantly changing environment.
- Proven skills in oral and written communication with executives, management, and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Communicates honestly and courageously, bringing tough issues to the surface even when uncomfortable.
- Strong knowledge of trends and developments in healthcare organizations, functions, and processes.
- An understanding, acceptance, and commitment to further the Mission, values, strategy, goals, and culture of PSJH.
- Excellent project management experience, including development of work plans, metrics, and monitoring processes.
- Demonstrated experience and success in leading cross-functional and virtual teams for complex, strategically-essential, high risk system initiatives.
- Performance improvement experience using a variety of performance improvement tools.
- Excellent planning skills with a demonstrated ability to plan and lead meetings and workshops to accomplish specific objectives.
- Possess experience that demonstrates effectiveness in accomplishing objectives in a complex organization. Demonstrated ability to manage initiatives and functions within a geographically dispersed organization.
- Outstanding ability to lead teams using influence to successfully accomplish objectives.
- Outstanding analytical, conceptual, computer, and quantitative skills.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience in healthcare operations for an understanding of the nature of the work performed.
- Change management, facilitation, and process improvement methodologies with substantial projectmanagement experience of complex, multi-regional, strategically important initiatives.
- Licensures/Certifications in PROJECT MGMT PROFESSIONAL (PMP)
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence St. Joseph health from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.