BCD Travel is changing the landscape of corporate travel hotel solutions, focusing on savings beyond sourcing and enhancing the traveler experience to drive program adoption and savings for our clients.
The Director of Marketing Strategy will be responsibly for leading the marketing strategy and positioning of BCD Travel's Hotel Solution -- Stay by BCD Travel. Working cross-functionally with product management, strategic product positioning, global marketing and sales/account management teams, this individual will serve as the subject matter expert for Stay by BCD Travel both internally (Executives, Sales, Account Management and Operations) and externally (Clients and Travelers) and be responsible for bringing strong consumer strategies to business travel.
Responsibilities include marketing strategy; positioning; competitive research; end-user experience; key messages and collateral; sales training; project management; client presentations and more.
1: Positioning of the Hotel Solution
- Manage the marketing communications strategy for Stay by BCD Travel
- Develop and maintain supporting marketing collateral on the global level
- Drive roadmap communications for the hotel solution based on company strategy and client demand
- Consult on end-user experience across various booking products and platforms
- Manage go-to-market strategy and rollout process for any new product or service offering that is a part of Stay by BCD Travel
- Work across a diverse group stakeholders to ensure consistency in positioning and collateral across the Hotel Solution
- Coordinate large scale initiatives and project manage across diverse teams, including sales and retention, sourcing and spend management, marketing, payment, revenue management and data and analytics experts, among others
- Serve as the main point of contact for the hotel solutions marketing strategy and execution
- Effectively communicate non-technical or complex product or hotel industry-specific details to non-technical audience
- Effectively communicate delivery timelines and dependencies to internal/external stakeholders
- Effectively communicate marketing requirements to product managers and third-party vendors
- Align effectively in delivery with Product Innovation and Global MarComm on marketing collateral and distribution efforts
- Present to key clients and executive teams as needed
3: Validate Solution Opportunities
- Validate proposed products and solutions through client/traveler feedback and market research
- Serve as subject matter expert on consumer-targeted booking solutions across platforms (web, tablet, mobile) as well as stats and booking behaviors
- Gather and maintain competitive intelligence across products and solutions
- Communicate key hotel solution features, differentiators, and initiatives to product, sales, account management and marketing teams
4: Training and Support
- Work with Sales and Account Management to understand and position the Hotel Solution offering
- Assist Sales and Account Management with the client qualification process
- Serve as a Hotel Solution SME on client calls as-needed
- Quantify training and sales support efforts for the purpose of improvements
We need an individual with a proven record of building impactful and measurable B2B or B2C marketing campaigns with the know-how to develop an integrated, holistic solution marketing strategy. The candidate should have a proven track record of successfully managing and influencing people through large initiatives.
In addition, the successful candidate will have experience in monitoring analytical achievement of program goals.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in digital marketing strategy, account-based marketing, and/or solution management with digital product lines
- Samples of product or solution positioning work for both B2B and B2C audiences
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with all management levels
- Highly skilled in time management to facilitate involvement in multiple projects
- Self-motivated individual who can lead a project in a highly autonomous environment
- Experience managing direct and indirect resources
- Communicating new technologies to a non-technical audience
- PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and other Microsoft Office programs
- Product management platforms, such as Confluence and Jira
- Analytics platforms such as Google Analytics
- Agile product experience a plus
- Experience with a marketing agency, TMC, travel agency or hotel booking aggregator a plus