We are seeking a dynamic Director, Strategic Communications to work with the VP to identify, initiate and develop communications for Comcast Advertising across both Comcast Spotlight and FreeWheel. The ideal candidate will work with the appropriate internal experts to gather the facts, translate that information into multi-channel communications strategies, and then execute upon those strategies.
- Collaborates with communications team, including external and internal communication leaders, to develop effective and integrated communications strategies.
- Project manages major communications initiatives to ensure that all deadlines are met, including securing appropriate approvals and overseeing cross-divisional and internal/external coordination.
- Helps to develop, then execute, thought-leadership initiatives including writing whitepapers, bylines, press releases and orchestrating video production.
- Works closely with Marketing to ensure messaging alignment between marketing and communications initiatives across both Spotlight and FreeWheel.
- Works with Social Media team and other communications team members to ensure all major communications initiatives have accompanying social strategy.
- Maintains knowledge of the TV and video advertising trends and industry news to ensure relevancy of messaging.
- Establishes company best practices and tools for communications and persistently researches new industry tools and practices.
- Develops, mentors, and oversees staff. Participates in training and performance reviews.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 10+ years related experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to translate complex ideas into easily understood messaging (writing samples may be requested).
- Experience with various genres of corporate writing, including short-format pieces (blogs and abstracts), mid-length pieces (bylines), and long-form whitepapers.
- Ability to interpret research data and find the story in numbers.
- Knowledge of advertising, ideally with an understanding of ad technologies in the digital video and/or linear TV space, and a passion for the media, entertainment and the premium video/TV industries.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Valid Through: 2019-11-12