The primary purpose of the Director, Strategic Business Development, is to support Strategic Business Development within the professional development stream. This role will further generate confidence, trust and interest in Sun Life's individual Insurance and Wealth products among advisors via the development and delivery of in-depth insight, technical views and information of concepts and ideas. It will also enable us to differentiate the level of engagement we bring to our advisor partners via investing in them to help them grow their business.
This role would report to the AVP, Strategic Business Development and Marketing Actuary. It will have a national scope and as such will involve moderate travel.
What will you do?
- Support the AVP in building insightful presentations and helping to deliver them effectively to insurance advisors, investment advisors and allied professionals.
- Support the AVP in writing articles.
- Manage post-production content for delivery in a multi-channel universe (web, internal online newsletter, Workplace, Linked-In, email).
- Engage a cross-functional working team to deliver programs and modules - ensuring program materials are delivered on time, on budget and relevant stakeholders are engaged.
- Track, monitor and review success measures for each program and report figures on a regular basis.
- Support all 3rd party and Sun Life Financial Distribution partners and the Insurance Distribution team.
- Have a knowledge of our competitors' products.
- Partner with the Product area to influence new product development, improvements to illustration software, messaging of marketing material.
- Training RSDs, RSAs and other Wholesale team members.
What you need to succeed?
- Strong technical and experiential knowledge.
- Holds a relevant profession designation (ASA/FSA, CFP, CFA).
- Minimum 5 years in financial services.
- Tax and estate planning knowledge.
- Insurance (life and health) and Wealth (mutual funds, segregated funds, annuities) products and sales strategies knowledge.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated writing skills with the ability to create clear, engaging copy in plain language.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel.
- Fluency in French as asset.
What's in it for you?
- Working within a high performance culture.
- Supportive working environment, culture of collaboration.
- Talented and diverse workforce; opportunity to launch a rewarding career.
- A company that promotes health, wellness, and work/life balance.
- We encourage our employees to champion continuous improvement.