The Director of Strategic Business Development (SBD) is responsible for all facets of corporate strategy formulation and planning, special strategic projects and business development activities. Acts as internal consultant to executive level officers, evaluating topics of interest and making recommendations for action in alignment with the Company’s overall strategy; supports annual strategic planning process, acting as thought partner with officers in all areas of the Company, including operations, merchandising, marketing, e- commerce and finance. Responsible for evaluation and execution of inorganic business development initiatives (including mergers and acquisitions) and heavily involved in the evaluation and execution of organic growth initiatives. Responsible for competitive and economic analysis.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- 50% Business development initiatives (organic and inorganic)
- 30% Strategic planning and special strategic projects
- 20% Competitive analysis
Nature and Scope:
- Position reports to VP SBD
- Number of Direct Reports is = 1
Environmental Job Requirements:
Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Travel: Typically requires overnight travel up to 25% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment test if applicable.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a master’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Work Experience Required:12
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Advanced degree highly desirable; MBA preferred
- Experience and demonstrated strength in acquisitions and negotiations
- Experience in the application of research findings to the retail environment, brand management or category management essential
- Direct experience in the efficient analysis of extremely large data sets desired
- Extensive knowledge of statistical methods and modeling
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to assimilate extensive amounts of detailed data to see the big picture, analyze and summarize vast amounts of information as well as understand all of the detail supporting the analysis.
- Project management, leadership and solid ability to problem-solve creatively.
- Solid organizational skills, analytical ability to work with processes, numbers and statistics.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- 10 plus years of work experience in investment banking, private equity, strategic consulting or corporate development
Job ID: 110262