The Director, Strategic Accounts is responsible for positioning SonoSite as the preferred vendor of hand carried ultrasound within corporate entities that influence the buying process of their membership. These entities include but are not limited to GPO’s, IHN’s, Hospital corporations and HMO’s. The Director implements programs and strategies that improve sales productivity and enhance long-term relationships. This position is responsible for leading and executing cross-functional teams with new and innovative growth ideas to leverage SonoSites value proposition within a dynamic marketplace and executing them with measurable results within targeted accounts.
Ideal candidates for this position will reside in the MidAtlantic Region (Baltimore, DC, Pittsburgh, Cleveland or Columbus)
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate and finalize contract agreements with large buying groups, Integrated Healthcare Networks (IHN), health systems, hospital corporations, commercial accounts, etc. whenever appropriate and advantageous, providing measurable results.
- Demonstrate and execute the selling approach by identifying key decision makers throughout targeted hospitals and health systems, while successfully positioning and communicating SonoSites value proposition.
- Developing and implementing a consistent approach for the field sales organization to shift the buyer’s focus away from price and capturing the value we provide.
- Demonstrate confidence, practical intelligence and accountability for growing new buyers and delivering revenue targets.
- Researching, planning and implementing new market programs and assisting the field sales organization in overcoming market barriers within key target accounts by adopting new and innovative approaches toward market leadership through collaboration, innovation and relationship building.
- Plan and implement strategies to drive adoption and endorsement of the SonoSite products by large buying groups, Integrated Healthcare Networks (IHN), health systems, hospital corporations, commercial accounts, etc.
- Work with field sales management on strategies and programs to maximize revenue to by large buying groups, Integrated Healthcare Networks (IHN), health systems, hospital corporations, commercial accounts, etc.
- Drive strategies that maximize multiple system and bulk buy opportunities. These strategies include holding all parties accountable to the purchase terms agreed to prior to executing the buy.
- Work cross functionally with the Region Sales Manager and National Director of GPO Management in the development and execution of strategies and action plans for identified Key Opinion Leaders.
- Responsible and accountable for carrying out the requirements of the company's quality system.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Business or related degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of strategic account experience or a combination of 8 years of strategic and Medical Sales experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in medical capital equipment sales.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience negotiating contracts.
- Medical device industry experiencerequired. Ultrasound experiencepreferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Ability to lift 25lbs with or without accommodations.