Syapse is on a mission to deliver the best care for every cancer patient through precision medicine.
Our software platform, data sharingnetwork, and industry partnerships enable healthcare providers to bring precision cancer care to every patient who needs it. By bringing together leading healthcare innovators into a unified ecosystem, we are working toward a future in which all cancer patients have access to the best personalized care, regardless of location or income. Our clients — including Intermountain Healthcare, Providence St. Joseph Health, Henry Ford Health System, Aurora Health Care, Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health — manage one million active cancer cases at nearly 300 hospitals in 25 states. Headquartered in San Francisco, Syapse is backed by investors including Social Capital, Safeguard Scientifics, Ascension Ventures, GE Ventures, Intermountain Healthcare Innovation Fund, Merck Global Health Innovation Fund, Medidata Solutions, Roche Venture Fund, and Amgen Ventures.
About the role:
Syapse is hiring a Director, Strategic Account Management to build and own strategic relationships with executive leaders and physicians within our client base, which includes some of the most prestigious and largest hospital networks in the U.S.
You will be responsible for developing engagement plans, acting as a trusted advisor and thought partner to our clients enabling them to get the maximum value from our solution, as well as becoming the primary point of contact and face of Syapse with your client accounts. Your healthcare domain knowledge will enable you to guide clients in their strategic decision making, helping them build the most effective precision medicine program possible with the help of our solutions. You possess first-class client facing skills and a passion for client success and shared value, all while working cross-functionally with several internal teams.
In your past, you managed large, strategic client relationships at a healthcare IT provider or were a successful strategy consultant in the healthcare industry. You’re incredibly detail-oriented and a driver who can be counted on to take full ownership and “get things done”. As a Director, Strategic Account Management you are accustomed to dealing with various types of stakeholders, including health system executives, innovation leaders, physicians and clinical care teams. Working cross-functionally with a number of internal teams, including Sales, Strategy, Corporate Development, Marketing, Product Management, and Engineering, is something you have done for years.
In addition, you are as comfortable communicating and presenting to the C-Suite as you are to your colleagues internally. If you are ready to join a growing healthcare IT company that is a leader in precision medicine, this may be the perfect opportunity!
- Continue to build out Strategic Account Management function, including refining a framework for engagement plans playbook
- Define and own account strategy and business plan as well as engagement plan
- Collaborate with Project Managers to ensure a successful client implementation of our platform
- Collaborate with Client Engagement Specialists to ensure a successful rollout and adoption of our platform following implementation, metrics to gauge progress against reaching business goals, develop improvement measures where needed
- Continuously communicate our product’s value to all major stakeholders to maintain enthusiasm and momentum as new features are released to our clients
- Build understanding of client’s business, organization, and goals / success criteria
- Establish as point of contact and build trusted advisor relationship with client on all levels from executives to project teams
- Organize feedback sessions with client’s users and executives and facilitate collaboration processes, leading to valuable input for Product Management
- Create and execute framework for regular account reviews with client executives / C-suite
- Continuously communicate holistic picture of “client account health” within company
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Strategy, Corporate Development, Marketing, Product and Engineering to ensure the company is delivering on clients’ strategic objectives and business goals
- Advocate client needs and ideas internally, and work collaboratively with other teams to achieve outcomes and results for clients
- Identify expansion opportunities for the company in accounts and ensure a smooth renewal process
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in Strategic Account Management
- BS/BA degree
- Strong background in healthcare IT domain
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage business relationships and / or selling enterprise software to strategic clients in healthcare
- Excellent time management, written and verbal communication skills
- Sense of urgency, self-initiative, commitment and ownership
- 25-50% travel expected
- Experience building up Strategic Account Management function
- Experience as Sr. Consultant or Engagement Manager at a major consulting firm or at a healthcare advisory company is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience in sales or business development
- Experience in genetics / biology / life sciences