The SAM Director reports to the MIO/SIO. They represent the MIO/SIO in meetings and are assigned ‘customers’. The SAM Dir needs to be a critical thinker, trusted advisor to the business, and execution driver coordinating engagement between the business and AIS in order to drive value, growth, efficiency and effectiveness.
The SAM Director works directly with HM, Market, Solution and MWF leaders, while the MIO/SIO have the market or organization executive relationship.
The SAM Director may have professional staff and/or Site Liaison positions reporting to them. The SAM Directors work directly with senior management business partners and clinicians/physicians.
The SAM Director contributes and participates in the development and implementation of the Customer organizations information technology (IT) initiatives as well as broad-based business solutions identified to meet organizational goals. The SAM Director supports the MIO/SIO and provides value to AIS and customers by:
-Increased knowledge of the business thought strategic partnerships with customer senior leadership
-Defining business outcomes with customer and MIO/SIO leaders to better measure performance and success
-Proactively investigate the potential for business improvement thru AIS services
-Identification of future opportunities by understanding existing and potential customer environments, business, and future needs and opportunities
-Providing an overall business partnership with all current and potential customers
The SAM Director will need to be successful in leading within a matrixed environment, supporting both distributed and Health System business operations and delivering cost effective IT and business solutions from the AIS product portfolio.
They advise AIS Customers through business interactions, overall relationship management, demand consolidation/prioritization, and strategic planning. They facilitate collaboration and innovation.
Three key leadership skills are required for this position: Influence, Relationship Management and Communication. Additional skills that augment the critical ones noted include building and maintaining effective interpersonal relationships, executive presence/communication, multi-tasking ability, and the ability to understand and translate our customer’s needs with Ascension and AIS leaders. They must process the Ascension leadership qualities and skill sets as defined by Ascension Human Resources.
These include but are not limited to the following leadership characteristics and demonstrated behaviors:
- Confident, self-motivated, strategic thinkers
- Have the ability to build relationships and influence/communicate with all types of audiences at all levels in the organization to drive results
- Comfortable driving decisions from a value perspective
- Possess functional business knowledge and requisite technical knowledge to adequately inform Customers
- Possess business and AIS process knowledge
- Take initiative and be proactive in identification of risks and opportunities
- Embrace teamwork and cross functional collaboration
- Organized and have attention to detail
SAM Directors act as do their leader, MIO/SIO, as the ‘front door’ to AIS, offering AIS services and products to meet customer needs.
They are responsible for providing input into the “Product Roadmaps” for each of AIS’ Product and Strategy teams based on their knowledge and experience of Ascension operations and by listening to the Voice of the Customer needs.
This position is responsible to escalate operational, support and service issues to the appropriate AIS team. They are responsible for determining and representing the needs of the ‘customer’, communicate and advocate on behalf of the ‘customer’ and their associated strategic plan to AIS.
- HS or Equivalent
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Management Information Systems, Business Administration or related field
- Demonstrated in-depth leadership experience with a strong record of accomplishment in a collaborative, matrix’d team environment.
- Significant IT leadership experience in increasingly higher-level roles including large-scale project management, matrix’d organization and executive relationship / presence.
- Demonstrated sustained experience in meeting customer needs and leading change; executive level communication and relationship management.
- Certification or continued education in IT-related area (e.g., CHCIO, CPHIMS, CHIME).
- Significant internal IT leadership experience in healthcare.
- Breadth of high-level knowledge in different areas of IT and Health Care organizations (the Customers business).
Additional experience to consider:
- Consulting experience.
- Management experience in an outsourced environment.
Job ID: 206984