This position is responsible for the oversight of all aspects of procurement for new, remodeled, and refreshed stores programs for approximately 1,500 stores; including the oversight and accountability of an approximate budget of $10M dollars.
This role is accountable for the management of all inventory/fixed assets procured and ensuring the depletion of the same mitigating any obsolete write-offs across all brands.
Accountable for planning and estimating for rollouts and new program implementation. This position works cross functionally with varies areas including field organization.
- Provides strategic leadership, operational plans and processes for the purchasing team and ensuring that the annual real estate plan and key initiatives are successfully managed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Accountable for establishing cost reduction strategies on an annual basis to target 10% savings annually.
- Develops purchasing procedures and specifications in conjunction withconstruction and design teams to ensure design intent is met and materials are delivered on time to supportconstructionschedule.
- Oversees the development of vendor production schedules and manage all work to cost, quality and schedule.
- Defines performance measures and the use of metrics and processes to set goals, measure progress and improve productivity.
- Across all categories, is responsible for defining and managing all vendor KPI's and SLA's.
- Responsible for all vendor relationships and management, contract negotiation, inventory management, new fixture development, sourcing new materials and finishes, and cost savings initiatives.
- Travels to construction sites and to vendor facilities as required. Travel to prospective vendors as part of due diligence and vendor performance management.
- Serves as a role model, coach and mentor for the business, dedicated to cross- functional teamwork.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field required
- 10+ years' work experience in a similar capacity (purchasing, construction, materials management) with a national apparel retailer
- Proven successful leadership experience in a related position
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Successful experience in the interaction with company Executives
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent computer skills including current industry software