Gymboree Group, Inc. is a portfolio of children's brands operating specialty retail stores with high-quality clothes and accessories. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Janie and Jack, and Crazy 8. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating hundreds of retail stores throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
The Director of Store Operations leads a high performing team that innovates, executes, and/or implements in the following areas:
- Store operations, strategy, and processes
- Store systems and technology
- Store supplies and procurement
- Store payroll, reporting, and analysis
- Policy and procedure development and management
- Employee training and engagement
- Field meetings, conferences, and webinars
- Customer service and loyalty programs
- Ability to lead and develop a team and create a highperforming culture.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of assigned projects through effective team management as well as working independently.
- Lead team to deliver timely, effective, and engaging communication to stores, field managers, and cross-functional partners.
- Actively identify, and act upon, opportunities for continuous improvement in all areas of store operations and technology
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional partners of all levels (Finance, IT, Store Design & Construction, Merchants, Human Resources, Marketing, Loss Prevention, Store Communications, Field Leadership, Legal, etc).
- Participate in and lead the vendor selection process, as needed, in partnership with cross-functional partners, stakeholders and executives.
- Utilize available data and research to influence decision-making and strategy.
- Responsible for participating in special projects and assignments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimumum 5 years experience in managing and leading teams through complex projects in a fast-paced culture
- Retail store management experiencerequired
- Ability to lead and develop a team and effectively manage multiple skill levels and experience
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Adobe InDesignexperiencepreferred
- Technologically advanced
- Strong project management skills and superior attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Strong time management and problem solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to get results through formal channels and informal networking
- Outstanding communicator at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent presentation skills; very strong in one-on-one communications, small and large groups
- Strong ability to build cross functional relationships
- Possesses strong financial/business acumen and ability to analyze and act on results
Gymboree Group, Inc. is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position.