The Director of Store Operations leads a high performing team that innovates, executes, and/or implements in the following areas:
- Store operations, strategy, and processes
- Store systems and technology
- Store supplies and procurement
- Store payroll, reporting, and analysis
- Policy and procedure development and management
- Employee training and engagement
- Field meetings, conferences, and webinars
- Customer service and loyalty programs
- Ability to lead and develop a team and create a highperforming culture.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of assigned projects through effective team management as well as working independently.
- Lead team to deliver timely, effective, and engaging communication to stores, field managers, and cross-functional partners.
- Actively identify, and act upon, opportunities for continuous improvement in all areas of store operations and technology
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional partners of all levels (Finance, IT, Store Design & Construction, Merchants, Human Resources, Marketing, Loss Prevention, Store Communications, Field Leadership, Legal, etc).
- Participate in and lead the vendor selection process, as needed, in partnership with cross-functional partners, stakeholders and executives.
- Utilize available data and research to influence decision-making and strategy.
- Responsible for participating in special projects and assignments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimumum 5 years experience in managing and leading teams through complex projects in a fast-paced culture
- Retail store management experiencerequired
- Ability to lead and develop a team and effectively manage multiple skill levels and experience
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Adobe InDesignexperiencepreferred
- Technologically advanced
- Strong project management skills and superior attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Strong time management and problem solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to get results through formal channels and informal networking
- Outstanding communicator at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent presentation skills; very strong in one-on-one communications, small and large groups
- Strong ability to build cross functional relationships
- Possesses strong financial/business acumen and ability to analyze and act on results
Gymboree Group, Inc. is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position.