Key Interactions Real Estate, Legal, Store Design & Planning, Facilities, IT, Architects and Engineers, Loss Prevention, Building Department Officials, Operations, Regional VP’s, District Managers, Store Managers, General Contractors and Vendors
Position Overview: Manage a team of highly motivated Ascena Construction Management staff for all Minor Works, Rebrand, refresh, remodel, Capex, and New Store projects, from LLWL review, estimating and costing, design collaboration, construction management and project closeout.
Individually Project Manage new ventures for Ascena including International or Prototype development Establish yourself as the escalation point for Real Estate, Store Planning/Design, Field Management team and external partners for all Construction issues.
Build Teams and Foster Corporate Relationships
- Provide brand expertise and ensure that brand standards are upheld by all project managers who work on their assigned Brand.
- Support all Brand specific Real Estate transactional needs such as feasibility estimating. Lease review, landlord work-letter review and date assignments.
- Ensure that all necessary Store Development data has been provided to Real Estate and Finance in a timely manner for all RECM and Fleet review meetings. Assist in the preparation of critical documents required for executive review.
- Responsible for managing Ascena Project Manager’s – ensuring that they maintain the integrity of the brand specific build out requirements for every project
Develop and Manage the Budget
- Approval of individual project budgets for the capital program by Brand
- Responsible for estimating projects and ensuring variance between feasibility and final closeout cost does not exceed 3% +/-
- Responsible for ensuring all project change orders are within Ascena guidelines
- Responsible for ensuring all approved projects are on time and in budget.
- Simultaneously manage multiple on-going projects, while continuing to develop new business initiatives through scope, cost analysis, process improvement.
- Partner with design and planning team on VE opportunities
- Assist Store Development Operations to develop quarterly analysis depicting current construction cost trends and upcoming forecast update.
- Responsible for providing quarterly analysis on construction trends and costing.
- Review master change order logs to develop and establish strategies to reduce field changes for stores under construction.
- Minimum 10 years remodel and new store construction project management experience with 4 year college degree or equivalent combination of education. Knowledge of commercial retail evaluation metrics preferred. Specialty retail preffered with a focus in small box 2500-10,000 feet with high levels of fit and finish.
- Must possess project management and organizational skills necessary to ensure the completion of multiple large and small contractor performed construction, repair or remodel objectives
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and business analysis skills required
- Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment in conjunction with ability to balance and prioritize deadlines and objectives
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously in addition to managing other team members.
- Strong communication & listening skills. Ability to review construction drawings
- Exceptional leadership and managerial skills.
- Excellent decision making and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Excellent ability to read and interpret all construction documents
- STRONG computer aptitude and ability to learn new applications
- Travel required.