At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
Stop-Loss RMS (SLRMS) is a segment of FullscopeRMS that is a new business that providing turnkey risk management services to various clients interested in having their own stop loss product.
As the organization is new, this position will be expected to wear multiple hats in the early stages. Specifically, we are looking for someone to manage our day to day reinsurance operations. This entails working with the reinsurance partners to ensure that functions such as reinsurance banking set-up, reinsurance treaty and reinsurance administrative agreement terms and set-up, policy issuance, broker appointments, rate implementation, billing, claim funding, ASL settlements, reinsurance accounting, and reinsurance transactions all take place as planned and have the appropriate controls.
The Director will be expected to build out this team as the business grows.
The essential functions and responsibilities of this job position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Represent SLRMS to the clients.
- Establish, lead and develop the talent on the reinsurance operations teams.
- Collaborate with our clients and the FullscopeRMS team to develop and implement the reinsurance treaties and reinsurance administrative services agreements.
- Establish processes and controls around services FullscopeRMS will provide to our reinsurance clients and independently make decisions to address any issues that should come up.
- Collaborate with the FullscopeRMS team to attract new clients and retain existing clients.
- Contribute to defining and executing on short and long term business strategies.
- Collaborate with the Sun Life corporate teams as needed.
- Initiate process improvements and strategies that promote client satisfaction and business growth, as well as make innovative process improvement recommendations.
- Anticipate and respond to client needs, identifying and implementing solutions.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience working with Stop-Loss product or related self-funded / healthcare experience.
- Management experience.
- Experience working in and with various operational functions, such as claims, account management, and client relations.
- Experience with Stop-Loss product features and operations.
- Ability to negotiate, persuade and resolve conflict effectively.
- Demonstrated leadership and experience in managing employees within a small tactical unit.
- Collaborative and comfortable navigating in cross functional organizations.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills especially in client/sales situations.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Some travel required.