If you're passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country—and you're committed to working hard to play your part in building that future—consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
The State Director of Nursing maintains and helps administer the high quality competency-based generic BSN degree program in the state and provides leadership, education and marketing support for all WGU nursing programs delivered in the state. The State Director works cooperatively with the Director of Prelicensure Nursing to assist in the creation and implementation of departmental strategies, budget and goals.
- Conducts regular and ongoing program evaluation to ensure that quality standards are met and maintained
- Provides regular and ongoing evaluation of student retention, satisfaction, and competency attainment
- Assists with recruiting and hiring program faculty
- Provides clinical teaching support and oversight for the Clinical Instructors and Clinical Coaches
- Establishes reasonable and objective performance expectations for Clinical Instructors and Clinical Coaches. Provides appropriate motivational support and initiates corrective action when indicated.
- Provides direct contact for students residing in in the state that are seeking admission or are admitted into generic BSN program including leading the admission selection process
- Serves as the contact person for Clinical Instructors when student issues occur within the clinical settings
- Identifies and contracts with Clinical Lab facilities to support clinical learning
- Collaborates with College of Health Professions faculty and staff to improve systems for students
- Oversees clinical placement for skills and simulations as well as clinical rotations in collaboration with the Health Placement team
- Facilitates student progression and develops individual student plans in collaboration with mentor leadership as needed
- Ensures enrollment projections are established and facilitates enrollment in collaboration with College of Health Professions enrollment team.
- Participates in development and administration of state and program budget
- Participates in curriculum development, evaluation and revision activities for the Pre-licensure BSN program.
- Participates in state and national accreditation activities.
- Meets with liaisons from clinical agencies at least once a year to maintain collaborative partnerships.
- Meets all Board of Nursing meeting and documentation requirements as well as any other accreditation or approval requirements for the state.
- Attend state level meetings including but not limited to Texas Deans and Directors
- Represents the WGU College of Health Professions programs to external constituencies as called upon in collaboration with Strategic Partnerships
- Represents WGU Nursing programs to state-based nursing organizations
- Engages with healthcare organizations to inititate and maintain clinical partnerships
- Other duties as assigned
- Remote Must Reside in Texas
- Doctoral Degree (PhD in Nursing or DNP) from an accredited college or university
- Current unencumbered Texas Registered Nurse license
- At least one year's experience in academic and/or industry leadership
- Strong track record of performance as a manager or administrator
- Minimum of three years' experience teaching in pre or post-licensure nursing programs
- Established professional nursing network at state and/or national levels
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with integrated technology systems and tools
- Proven record of success in working with adult students, assessment of learning outcomes, student advisement and distance education.