As Director/Principal of State and Local Policy Campaigns, you will work with the Head of Policy & Government Affairs to develop and execute an impactful and comprehensive legislative and campaign strategy at the state and local levels
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify legislative, budget, and ballot opportunities in states and localities to support the deployment of on-demand, public transit (aka microtransit).
- Effectively represent Via and Via's vision for the improvement of communities to elected officials and their staff; to local/state public transit, environmental, and equity advocates; to community groups; and to local academic and other thought leaders.
- Manage consultant and lobbyist engagements
- Work effectively within formal and informal industry coalitions, and otherwise develop industry contacts, to advance areas of common interest
- Draft official written material: op-eds, blog posts, policy proposals, formal correspondence, etc.
- Represent the company at local policy events and other forums
- Work closely with Via's Strategy and Partnerships teams to support and advance their work
- 10-15 years' relevant experience for Director, 5-10 years for Principal
- A strategic thinker and day-to-day executor who can juggle several issues at once; you're able to effectively consider and solve both short and long-term problems
- Execution-oriented; a self-starter who takes action and achieves tangible results
- A natural at public affairs; an excellent communicator with demonstrated writing, editing, and speaking skills
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a high level of responsibility
- You have a strong ability to articulate strategic objectives and have a deep knowledge of government and politics;
- In policy or geographic areas that are new to you, you can quickly get up to speed, identify the key issues, and quickly develop and execute a strategy;
- Have extensive experience managing relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Have significant legislative, political, campaign, and/or advocacy experience