Description: Responsible for the management and leadership of a range of process improvement and process management activities. Activities managed include planning, performing, and implementing process improvement initiatives, in addition to ownership of operational processes. These initiatives may represent one portion of a larger project, or may represent a stand alone initiative or function within a work group or department. Process management functions may include data gathering and analysis, best practice research, process mapping, developing and recommending alternatives for improvement, developing performance metrics, obtaining leadership or stakeholder agreement, implementing improvements, and monitoring post-process improvement initiative performance to updated standards. Activities are undertaken and executed in support of organizational goals and are accountable for providing business process solutions to meet internal and external customer expectations.
- Resource Management: Manages in very complex organization(s) the efforts of direct and indirect reports, and collaborates with, provides guidance to and influences employees, clients and matrix partners.
- Responsible for selecting, developing, and deploying staff in the most effective manner to meet assigned objectives. Responsible for performance management, compensation decisions, rewarding and recognizing employees, and providing on-going, regular performance feedback.
- Strategic Partnership & Planning: Formulates complex, effective strategies consistent with the business and competitive strategy of the organization and/or functional area. Examines policy issues and strategic planning with a long-term as well as short term perspective. Determines objectives and sets priorities; anticipates potential threats or opportunities and vets them within the organization and with the client as appropriate.
- Change Management & Innovation: Proactively engages client leaders and matrix partners to actualize change initiatives. Develops and/or encourages new ideas/approaches. Establishes procedures and practices which promote the adoption of appropriate solutions and sustainability of desired results in complex environments. Uses efficient and cost-effective approaches to integrate technology into the workplace and improve program effectiveness. Develops strategies using new technology to enhance decision making. Understands the impact of technological and process changes on the organization.
- Results & Accountability: Ensures that effective controls are developed and maintained to ensure the integrity of the organization. Takes corrective action, as appropriate. Ensures that performance is aligned with mission, goals and outcomes and is completed within established timeframes. Monitors and evaluates complex plans; focuses on results and measuring attainment of outcomes. Has budget accountability.
- Minimum three (3) years of management experience.
- Minimum eight (8) years of process and/or project management, consulting, or related business experience.
- Bachelor's degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Knowledge of process management/improvement, methodologies preferred.
- Health plan management knowledge preferred.
- Graduate degree in a business or management discipline preferred.