Director/Sr. Manager, Business Development
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop an overall vision, strategy, and execution plan for the SW Partner strategy.
- Build and execute the right strategic alignment between Nutanix and the channel to create go-to-market programs, solutions development, field enablement and technical alignment.
- Identify key areas of alignment between Nutanix & HW Vendor, focused on specific industries or target growth markets & solutions offerings.
- Evangelize Nutanix to key stakeholders at all levels of the HW Vendor and the channel
- Project management, and responsibility to involve all relevant stakeholders (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management, Operations, Services, etc.) and decision makers.
- Coordinate negotiations of technology & business agreements with technology partners, and other ecosystem partners.
- Establish and track key success metrics.
The candidate will be a seasoned business development professional with an established track record of developing strategic partnerships and generating value. The candidate should have a strong technical foundation, including an in-depth working knowledge of the enterprise software and datacenter infrastructure spaces and ideally exposure and experience with Hyperconverged solutions. The candidate should be an energetic, decisive professional with a high-energy approach. The candidate will leverage existing business relationships at key HW vendors to drive growth and will constantly look for opportunities to position Nutanix for success. The Director of Business Development should have the following:
- 10+ years’ experience in developing technologypartnerships in enterprise software, virtualization, storage and/or data center spaces, including a deep network of contacts in these spaces. Prior experience at Cisco or a partner is desirable. Experience with a major server OEM is a bonus.
- Proven ability to successfully build strong relationships with partners
- Exceptional communications & selling skills
- A structured thinker with superior writing, presentation, and problem solving skills.
- Well apprised of major industry trends relevant to Nutanix including convergedinfrastructure systems, SAN/NAS storage systems, software defined data centers, big data, virtualization, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, determine project urgency and execute detailed action plans; ability to collaborate effectively with Sales, Engineering, Marketing and Legal.
- A true self-starter who can quickly assess business requirements and become a trusted and integral part of the Nutanix team.
- Highest level of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- Hands-on, and “does what it takes” attitude to drive success.
- Mature and confident, with the executive presence to effectively represent the company externally, and bring enhanced credibility to Nutanix.
- Start-up experience or other similar business-building experience within a larger company that demonstrates an entrepreneurial mindset.
- MBA or equivalent experience is desired. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent technical experiencepreferred.
The scope of responsibilities for this role is global, and travel (domestic & international) will be required.