From its inception in 1998, Media Temple has helped web designers, developers, creative agencies and enterprises focus on successfully running and growing their business while we take care of all their hosting needs. Over 125,000 people and businesses in 100 countries rely on our people-powered web and cloud hosting solutions to host more than one million websites. Our premium service model combined with our scalable technology allows us to focus on delivering only exceptional quality solutions and best-in-class, award-winning 24/7 customer support. Our clients range from top tier designers, popular blogs and online creative communities, to global advertising agencies and major brands. With 230 dedicated, U.S.-based employees, Media Temple has been repeatedly recognized as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles.
As the Director/Sr. Director of Product Marketing for Cloud services you will define target audience/buyer persona’s in the creative and agency market and develop positioning and messaging that differentiates our Managed Cloud Hosting product. You will create and execute go-to-market plans, including orchestrating new product launches, developing sales enablement resources and delivering content to drive client acquisition and revenue growth in the Agency/SME space. You will cultivate strong relationships with customers and partners, gathering key insights, with the capacity to go deep on technical topics, and an ability to work effectively across Product Management, Sales, Partner Channels, Customer Success teams, and third-party Solution andTechnology Partners. This is a hands-on role that combines both strategy and execution, so candidates must be able to build strong, data-backed business cases, and then directly manage the implementation of those plans.
- Be responsible for the creation and execution of all product marketing output including engaging and persuasive content, web site copy, sales decks, sales tools, and marketing collateral.
- Develop and deliver compelling presentations for industry tradeshows, webinars, and conferences and effectively represent the product, corporate brand, and position as a leader in the market.
- Develop product launch plans, positioning, and compelling value propositions to effectively drive the marketing and sales assets for Media Temple’s Cloud services.
- Provide the creative and analytical horsepower to figure out what’s next in the marketing industry-leading cloud technology products with demonstrated success.
- Partner with our Director Demand Gen and Sr. Manager Digital to ensure top-of-funnel content is driving high quality leads
- Contribute thought leadership related to Cloud products and market, with ability to influence the influencers (Gartner, Forrester, etc.)
- Provide support and leadership for the sales and product organization through direct sales interactions with agencies, partners and client organizations.
- BA or BS degree, MBA Preferred.
- 8 – 10 years of relevant product marketing, B2B technology sales, and/or product management experience is required.
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills.
- Skilled in direct customer-facing sales engagements, including executive-level interactions.
- Highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of cloud hosting market required plus ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge to current problems.
- Have a detailed understanding of agency/client business challenges and requirements in order to identify commonalities and trends.
- A can-do attitude and proven ability to collaborate with and influence business and technical audiences across Marketing, Product Management, Sales and Service Delivery (Customer Success)
- Delivery against company product revenue / customer growth target.
- Content effectiveness (registrations/downloads/views/shares/comments).
- Sales adoption of enablement materials.
- Delivery against agreed short term objectives.
Media Temple is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identityor expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Media Temple will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and other local, state, and federal requirements.
To submit your application to this position, ple