The Director/Sr. Director, Internal Marketing Agency will oversee the creation and delivery of campaign, creative and content assets across Illumina internally and externally – in support of strategic, operational and brand initiatives. This position plays a key role in driving an integrated identity, impactful marketing programs and pushing creative innovation to the next level across Illumina.
- Guide the development, creation, and implementation of unique marketing programs that set Illumina apart in partnership with corporate, segment and product groups across the company.
- Lead a team of technical communicators, creatives, content specialists, business partners and event experience specialist to create best in class communications.
- Translate marketing, creative, and strategic objectives into brand communications that drive engagement across channels and create a compelling and integrated brand experience.
- Oversee Illumina's engagement with external creative and marketing strategy agencies and vendors, drive strategies for optimization of investment and capacity.
- Partner with leaders across segment, regional and corporate functions to translate strategy to message and ultimately, business results.
- Collaborate deeply with Digital Experience Center of Excellence to deploy omni-channel experiences and deploy marketing campaigns.
- Provide strong leadership, vision and mentorship to the Internal Agency team and across marketing, building excellence in process, talent and capabilities for global execution.
- Relationship builder - Ability to establish trusting relationships and navigate organizational complexities; low ego with high level of self-confidence, maturity and integrity; capable of inspiring those around them
- Natural leader – Must possess strong executive presence, positive and dynamic management style; able to gain followership and attain buy-in from internal stakeholders, collaborative, yet relentless approach to process improvement and achievement of best in class results, able to marshal resources and set a clear vision
- Strategic thinker - Ability to translate complex and often conflicting objectives into cohesive strategies; strong analytical and decision-making skills, able to resolve complex issues in creative ways, a fast learner and decisive leader with a quick mind, sound judgment, and excellent problem solving / critical thinking skills.
- Change Agent - Action-oriented, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment with shifting objectives. Ability to influence and drive initiatives across functions, levels, and regions; tough-minded with courage of conviction, yet collaborative and professional;
- Dynamic communicator - ability to interact comfortably at all levels and across functions to inspire and guide, ability to work across, up and down the hierarchy, work with executives at all level as well as external stakeholders;
- Confident self-starter- motivated and able to work effectively in a matrixed environment, must have strong initiative and ability to prioritize tasks and projects and to successfully handle multiple demands simultaneously
- Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent, may require an advanced degree (Master's), in Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing or applicable field or equivalent.
- 10+ years of relevant experience leading an in-house agency, external agency or both (preferred)
- Strong working knowledge of traditional and non-traditional marketing methodologies, practices and tactics, including digital, print and events