The individual will be accountable for the acquisition of diagnostic and oncology acumen, literature/database and searches, and novel approaches to identify, access, assess and communicate key information and competitive intelligence. The BBD CI Director will maintain a comprehensive overview of competitive dynamics within the oncology diagnostic space, as well as key mechanism of action and therapeutic asset areas that align to BBD strategy. He/she must not only acquire data points, but build an opportunity landscape as it relates to this external information.
We seek an experienced CI professional who brings extensive experience in active surveillance and may have direct experience in business development or Discovery/R&D in pharmaceutical or biotech organizations. This experience may be direct, or in some cases indirectly if candidate has consulting or alliance partner experience with extensive BioPharma interactions. The incumbent will understand the unique capabilities of Caris, and in a tailored manner, will juxtapose those capabilities to the external landscape that should ultimately lead to for example enhanced research and development activities, identification of novel targets, expanding existing indications, or accelerate clinical trial accrual and success.
- Builds strong relationships across the internal organization to proactively seek out business needs as they relate to CI, including identifying information gaps.
- Develops a comprehensive CI strategy to answer business critical questions and develop ad hoc from key business partners.
- Develop efficient methodology and tools for acquiring and distilling information on competitor products, press releases, business plans and mapping future deliverable timelines (key milestones, FDA approvals, etc).
- Demonstrates high standards of business integrity and becomes trusted advisor to the BBD team and other senior stakeholders.
- Assess new technological solutions improve CI activities.
- Become a trusted advisor and assess the effectiveness of the engagement against stated objectives
- Demonstrates strong scientific expertise across the Caris portfolio.
- Commitment to continuous education and attend medical meetings and congresses as needed.
- Must have deep oncology experience
- Incumbent will bring an entrepreneurial orientation characterized by pragmatism, self-determination, sel-motivation, high intellect and an agile, flexible behavior style
- Exceptional business and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral/written communications and presentation skills
- Knowledge of database management and search systems
- Project management orientation, which will be extensively leveraged as the selected incumbent assesses client requirements and drives internal efforts to match Caris capabilities responsive to those requirements
- Prior experience navigating a successful matrixed organization is ideal.
- Understanding of diagnostic and drug development, regulatory and commercialization processes
- Some travel required (~10%, with thoughtful consideration regarding impact of COVID-19)
- PhD/MD, PharmD, MBA or other advanced degree strongly preferred; will consider relevant bachelor’s degree and life science experience at strategy consulting or investment banking.