Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a Director, Spend Analytics and Reporting!
This job is responsible for tracking the value realization of the Spend Smarter, Grow Stronger program. The program will manage $1.3B in annual vendor spend and is expected to generate over $100M in savings over 5years. This role also has oversight on enterprise wide supplier spend analytics and will partner with Sourcing and Vendor Management to create an Analytics center of excellence for Procurement.
Value Realization (50%)
- Responsible for improving a value realization model that tracks program savings to satisfaction of the Executive Sponsor, Senior Business Leaders and Finance
- Maintains the “big picture” of how realization will be achieved in Procurement Transformation and other initiatives
- Ensure that realization risks are surfaced early, and that risk mitigation is both planned and executed in a timely fashion
- Acts as the voice of authority on, and guardian of, initiative end states and principles; communicates them to, and interprets them for, teams involved in the execution
- Concentrates on understanding what the expected return on the investment is, and what it will take to achieve the return
- Evaluates completed sourcing engagements and ensures that value realization is fully approved by the internal stakeholders and meets Finance requirements
Tracking and Measurement (10%)
- Ensures that installation and realization indicators and metrics are established
- Utilizes predictive indicators to mitigate risks and monitor progress toward realization
- Identifies, tracks, analyzes, and reports on the business outcomes of initiatives
- Partners with Sourcing to create MCOM level reporting on progress to savings goals
- Lead effort to create and standardize a Sourcing, Procurement, and Vendor Management dashboard
Spend Analytics (40%)
- Oversee enterprise wide supplier spend analytics program with our third-party provider to ensure timely and accurate data refreshes
- Partner with Sourcing leadership to track Spend Under Management and identify additional sourcing opportunities through extensive data mining
- Oversee timely spend reporting to external parties as necessary (i.e. supplier diversity spend tracking)
- Partner withother Finance and Accounting leaders to improve accrual reporting and allocation methodologies
- Senior Procurement Operations Analysts report to this role.
- Liaison to finance/FP&A groups to help remove committed savings from the budget and validate savings occur
EducationBachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related fieldProfessional Experience:
- Minimum of 7years of experience in consulting, finance or in a procurement leadership role.
- Prior work leading transformational change in a matrixed organization; significant experience planning and implementing complex transformation programs
Knowledge and Skills
- Executive level presentations that have complex financial analytics
- Ability to interact and influence C-suite and other leadership
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication and influencing skills. Energizes and alerts groups to the need for change, willingly champions change.
- Team builder with the ability to develop and supervise a group of professionals while keeping production up and the team on task
- Ability to take a leadership role in identifying patterns, reframing issues, and bringing/driving clarity to the situation-with individuals and with groups
- Results oriented; outcome and metrics driven; use of benchmarking and analytics to create, revise and deploy programs; strong financial and business acumen
- Change leadership that energizes and alerts groups to the need for change; willingly champions change.