The Director, Specialty Markets and Strategic Accounts is responsible for leading a specialty sales team in the development, management, and achievement of segment specific strategic objectives/goals. Translates corporate wide strategic objectives into specific and actionable plans, objectives, and initiatives that deliver market share gains and consistent above market growth rates with key specialty and strategic accounts including Dental Service Organizations (DSO's), VA Hospitals, Universities, Department of Defense (DOD) and other Government organizations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Attainment of segment Revenue, Margin, and Profit targets
- Overall coordination, functional management, and leadership of specialty markets sales channel and related activities
- Development and execution of annual segment specific strategic plan and operating plan in coordination with companies long term strategic plan
- Recruitment, hiring, retention, and management of specialty market sales personnel
- Provide input and recommendations for specialty market sales force compensation plans
- Ensure appropriate sales, product, and service training is executed and meets evolving customer and industry trends
- Coordination with regional and global marketing teams to ensure effective and appropriate product and promotional mix
- Oversight and approval of sales transactions and adherence to related policies and procedures
- Develop and manage relationships with cross functional teams (HR, Customer Service, Compliance, Operation, Finance, Regulatory, Education, Legal, and Marketing) to develop and achieve annual and long term business objectives
- Effective management and efficient use of company resources
- Corporate liaison to key customers
- The Director, Specialty Markets and Strategic Accounts is expected to be knowledgeable of the dental implant market and industry trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Effective communicator with logical, organized and tactical verbal, written, listening and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and provide solutions to complex market dynamics
- Strong Financial Acumen, Business Acumen, and Independent Judgment
- Sales Management, Sales Methodology, and ability to manage complex customer buying processes.
- Ability to build relationships with key customers and target accounts in an effort to enhance Zimmer Biomet Dental's value proposition as a long term strategic partner
- Effectively build and leverage internal and external relationships
- Fosters continuous individual development to build specialty market team depth and further enhance the skills of individuals through modeling accountability, formal training, mentoring and other experiences.
- Establishes, communicates, and executes business segment strategy
- Determines annual Budget for specialty market Business Segment to efficiently drive growth
- Ability to interpret and apply Health Care Compliance Guidelines to all sales and marketing activities.
- Establishes a positive work environment where team members are motivated and empowered to make decisions
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years successful sales experience in the healthcare field is required; minimum 3-4 years of successfully managing, coaching, and leading high performance teams
- Dental experience strongly preferred
- Experience managing complex customer buying processes and c-suite level selling environments. Dental Service Organization (DSO), Government, Hospital, GPO, and University experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated track record of leading complex bid processes, RFP's, contract management, and negotiations
- Experience working with various types of government schedules and contracts including; GSA Schedules (also referred to as Multiple Award Schedules (MAS) and Federal Supply Schedules (FSS), GSA Advantage, GSA eBuy, GSA eLibrary, ECAT, government pricing guidelines and the aptitude to understand Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) in all aspects of the contract lifecycle.