- Master's Degree Preferred
- Five to ten years of experience required
The Director of Specialty Care Services will provide direct management and oversight of operations in our employed specialty care practices, and will work collaboratively with system leadership to implement the strategic goals of the integrated enterprise. You will assess operations, financial and quality measures of practices, and deliver optimal operational and financial performance while maintaining high levels of patient, employee and provider satisfaction.
Individual must have a proven track record of leadership in Practice Management. The successful candidate will possess excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills including the ability to identify, analyze and resolve operational issues. Demonstrated success in team building, operations, business planning, project management, quality improvement and financial management is a must, along with the ability to formulate innovative work plans in a team-oriented approach and adapt to a challenging and dynamic environment.
- · Establish realistic but challenging expectations, measurable objectives and goals by creating and managing the structure and processes necessary for efficient operations, achievement of superior clinical performance and projected growth.
- · Maintain strong relationships with all levels of the practice team.
- · Ensure that all quality and performance improvement measures are implemented and followed by practice staff, including quarterly reviews of quality measures with the site team. Provide coaching in those areas that may need improvement.
- · Participate in planning and executing ongoing strategic initiatives for all practices.
- · Seek out and evaluate new growth opportunities (diversification, expansion, or creation).
- · Collaborate with marketing to ensure practices have market presence, proper branding and the opportunity to increase patient volume.
- · Participate in the development of annual budgets. Monitor practice performance; review and approve monthly financials consistent with the business plan and annual budget.
- · Plan and lead staffing initiatives, including recruitment, supervision, evaluation and development of staff.
- · Coach site leaders in resource utilization, staffing patterns, creating efficient work groups, employee retention efforts and physician satisfaction.
- · Maintain compliance with all regulatory standards
- · Participate in significant departmental initiatives. Maintain collaborative team relationships with peers and colleagues.
- · Support and promote the mission and values of Covenant Health and the Catholic Health Ministry.
- · Other duties as consistent with this role.
Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration or Business Administration required; Masters preferred.
A minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible leadership in healthcare practice management required.
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED:
- · Demonstrable commitment to the highest standard of ethical and professional conduct
- · Strong interpersonal skills are essential as exhibited by the ability to influence others, gather information from individuals and groups and build collaborative relationships across all levels within the organization.
- · Demonstrates a high level of knowledge relating to the field of healthcare, as well as physician practice and hospital operations.
- · Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills required, including the ability to identify, analyze and resolve operational issues.
- · Demonstrated success in operations, business planning, project management, quality improvement and financial management.
- · Ability to formulate innovative work plans in a team-oriented approach and adapt to a challenging and dynamic environment.
- · Proven entrepreneurial vision with ability to execute against plan.
- · Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet and other PC software applications required (Microsoft Office Suite and/or web-based programs).
- · Epic System experience a plus.