At Quotient, we are transforming shopping to make life better. To do so, we are looking to add a Director of SOX Compliance to our Finance team!
As trusted business partners and shareholder advocates, we provide fiduciary leadership, accurate and timely data, as well as strategic insights that lead to our company’s overall success. We maximize Quotient’s value and safeguard our assets, while providing data and insights to enable key business decisions. We ensure integrity in financial reporting, manage risk and challenge decisions. We balance short-term financial goals with long-term sustainable growth.
As the Director of SOX Compliance, you will lead policy implementation and partner with cross functional teams on the delivery against established SOX compliance controls. In this role, you will leverage strategic thinking, while driving tactical efforts to keep the company compliant and safe. This is an opportunity to have visible impact on the organization, so it will require a high degree of integrity, strong ability to maintain confidentiality and excellent partnering skills.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the Company’s internal controls over financial reporting for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX); guide efforts to create a common control framework and uniform compliance reporting standards
- Provide program management support across the entire company related to the design of effective and efficient controls over financial reporting.
- Manage the documentation, assessment, testing and monitoring of internal controls over financial reporting, including tracking control gaps and action plans to remediate weaknesses
- Partner with internal and external audit teams to ensure timely and efficient testing approach and issue resolution.
- Provide regular reporting to senior management regarding control performance and findings.
- Partner with control owners on root cause analysis and action plan progress; perform impact analysis at year-end on deficiencies identified
- Drive change management activities, training, and communication plans to institutionalize strong internal controls.
- Implement and monitor comprehensive plans for SOX oversight of relevant IT projects, including conversions and upgrades, to provide reasonable assurance around related control implications.
- Develop and provide routine training to the control owners to ensure a thorough understanding of the SOX program, control design, and the impact of their control(s) on Quotient’s financial statements
- Perform special projects, as required
What you’ll bring:
- 12+ Years of Experience (with 4-6 years of Progressive Management Experience)
- 5 years of audit or internal controls related experience or similar professional experience
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred in Finance or Accounting
- CPA Preferred
- Mastery of communication skills and styles, both written and verbal. Demonstrated ability to effectively present information to internal and external associates.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Proven ability to lead and organize multi-disciplinary projects and initiatives in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented business environment with broad impact.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor, and coach team(s) on developing lasting customer relationships; act as leadership advisor to lower-level management
- Demonstrated ability to champion significant projects, programs, and business initiatives using creativity and ingenuity.
- Extensive understanding of the organization's business operations and industry. Knowledgeable of emerging trends and industry practices.
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to influence and advanced ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret data