The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways — from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
This position is responsible for creating and leading companywide scalable programs that help our customers sustain the benefits from our AspenTech solutions. The solution sustainment program will include customer intelligence hub and user competency programs. The position reports to VP, Customer Support and Training.Your Impact
- Work with CS&T and other functional leaders across AspenTech to create a Customer Intelligence Hub that displays various AspenTech-customer engagement activities with insights, highlights how well the customers are using the AspenTech solutions to gain benefits, and where the customers are in the maturity cycle
- Leverage our touch points and data to derive customer insights (create key indicators, criteria, and analytics)
- Incorporate info gathering mechanism into support process, built into our Knowledge Base, and our user feedback process
- Set up digital health checks and benchmarking. Might be a hybrid process (digital and manual) to assess customer’s usage health and challenges
- Establish usage health benchmark and KPIs that our customers can compare against for self assessment
- Leverage the customer intelligence hub to create an early warning system (signals that show the customers might be having challenges in certain areas), that both the customers and AspenTech can use to take corrective actions
- Work cross-functionally with Product Management and R&D to ensure our product roadmap includes built-in tools and functionalities that help customers assess their usage health KPIs and sustain usage and benefits
- Drive the vision into our roadmap on sustainment (digital and in product)
- Product imbedded KPIs to measure the success of value sustainment
- Drive our competency and knowledge program that help our customers maintain their competency in applying our solutions.
- Drive User Certification program, University program, alliances with major partners/academia) to create a true “Aspen University” system
- Help Partner Certification process
- Work cross-functionally to revamp and innovate knowledge delivery (smart feed of content to customers on demand, when needed and where needed)
- Digitized ISP best practices
- Propose the interim sustainment service offering to bridge the gap, such as remote upgrade assistance service offering using the upgrade best practices that we have developed
- Communicate and calibrate with market/customer constantly to make adjustment on our sustainment program and offerings
What You'll Need
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Engineering (Chemical Engineering preferred) or a Business discipline. An advanced degree (MBA or MS in engineering or information technology) preferred.
- 6+ years of management leadership experience in customer facing capacity driving customer success a must. Direct field experience of helping customers on their product adoption and usage sustainment challenges. Experience working in Professional Service, Solution Consulting, Customer Support, Customer Success Management extremely valuable
- Program Management experience preferred that demonstrated a track record of success in executing strategy cross functionally. Great ability to work collaboratively with all levels and functions within a company. Strong leadership and multi-task management abilities with some project management skills.
- Skilled in benchmarking, KPI set up, and performance tracking. A good understanding of data analytics and dashboard that provide high value and insights
- Skilled in the areas of planning, organizing, prioritizing, negotiating, and communication. Excellent verbal and written communication and customer skills. Highly articulate, with excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Strong business acumen. Understand financial and commercial issues around post license sales customer success services such as implementation service, customer support and training.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment, and be self-directed, highly motivated. Results driven. Detail oriented. Strong analytical and problem solving skills - solution-focused with a track record of overcoming complex problems around customer issues, product and service issues, and staffing issues.
- A high level of broad understanding of AspenTech’s solutions - how various AspenTech products and services provide value to our customers. Experience in the process industries in a major industry vertical (petroleum, refining, or chemicals) and experience with AspenTech products a plus.