Job Duties: The Director, Solutions Consulting works closely with clients in the Healthcare Enterprise markets to define, create, and present innovative solutions and programs for selling Edifecs healthcare software products, solutions, and services. This position is responsible for engaging and consulting with customers and sales people to gather customer requirements. Create and maintain relationships with key personnel at customer sites during pre-sales and post-sales phases to ensure successful implementation of Edifecs technology. He/She will be responsible for defining solutions that leverage Edifecs Products, Solutions and Services capabilities to address client needs; coordinating the efforts of internal subject matter experts to present client solutions; guiding the development of proposals and pricing models for complex or innovative solutions; creating ROI and other economic models to substantiate the proposed solution; providing important sales engineering support function by providing the sales team with a resource to help address process, technical, and other aspects of the customer communication; serving as a member of the Solution Development team, which is collectively responsible for developing solutions that meet client expectations for technical competency, process innovation, cost savings and quality; analyzing customer requirements to identify market trends and opportunities to propose and deliver innovative, value-driven new solutions; working closely with operations, marketing and sales to deliver new 'out-of-box' solutions; and participating with other team members in defining process improvements, template updates, population of content within the knowledge base, and status reporting. Participate in the development of the business and technical strategy, including RFI/RFP responses, sizing and architecture outlines. Deliver technical architecture presentations and technical solutions according to the customer requirements and product specifications, and perform hands-on design work to prove Edifecs software capabilities to customers during the evaluation (Proof of Concept) process. The Director, Solutions Consulting will supervise four subordinates in the roles of Senior RFP Writer, Consultants (2), and Associate Solution Consultant. Must be willing to travel as needed. Brief intermittent trips within the U.S. to client sites may be required up to 80%. No international travel.
Job Requirements: Bachelor’s degree, or foreign degree equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, plus 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience working with healthcare payer IT solutions or products after training in underlying business processes, including:
- 5 years of experience building and managing teams in the development of healthcare IT solutions, including solutions for EDI Technologies and ICD-10 remediation;
- 5 years of experience in Pre-sales working as a liaison between sales and product management, creating demonstrations that align with prospects requirement and future product deliverables;
- 5 years of experience leading solution consultants and proposal managers to develop technical solution architecture and business use cases;
- 5 years of experience in design, development, and communication of large, complex technical solutions;
- 5 years of experience developing business in healthcare IT solutions industry and applying knowledge of sales related to EDI or EAI solutions in the Healthcare Industry;
- 5 years of experience leading RFI/ RFP responses as a solution expert;
- 3 years of experience applying familiarity with integration technologies; and
- 3 years of experience in defining customer-specific, product-based solution architectures in the Healthcare Industry.