Overall Objective and description:
Responsible for designing and implementing technical strategic goals for managing systems and software while supporting the delivery of new products. Provides expertise and architectural assistance to software development teams. Contributes and runs architectural governance while ensuring adherence to best practices, technical consistency, and standards. Will be responsible for reviewing existing systems and making recommendations on future focused technology and security footprint.
- Manage and mentor a team of developers to institute a new approach to software development methodologies and instill coding and product delivery best practices
- Ability to gain consensus with other developers on technical approach
- Provide product technology recommendations and solutions that fulfill business needs
- Be able to convey the most complex technical issues or solutions to those that are not technical
- Must regularly weigh and make tradeoffs between reliability, flexibly, performance and ease of implementation and still achieve product goals
- Provide tactical technology planning with business leads and vendors.
- Have a strong grasp on when to build something “in house” vs utilizing a 3rd party platform
- Closely collaborate with DevOps, Quality Assurance Manager and other developers to implement best practices for deploying code to dev, qa, and production environments
- Conduct code reviews
- Contribute to the migration of servers to AWS
- 10+ years in high level backend programing experience
- Experience developing large scale product applications while working with multiple developers at once
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies
- Strong understanding of common education space technologies standards such as One Roster, LTI, and OAuth
- Strong Experience with Java, NodeJS, Angular and React
- Strong experience with large data sets working with Postgress and MySQL
- Experience working Web Services, utilizing XML, SOAP, WSDL, etc
- Ability to write code using AWS security best practices
- Proficiency in developing, deploying and debugging applications using AWS
- Experience with tools deployment and infrastructure versioning tools such as Kubernetes and Terraform
- AWS Certified Developer
- Can provide guidance on code management/repository best practices while leveraging tools such as GitHub
- Experience with .NET, C#, and Microsoft SQL server a plus
- Have a passion for Education Technology and a strong understanding of tools and planforms available in the space
- Understanding of Student Data and Security best practices
Education: Degree or Master’s in Computer Science or relevant discipline
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.