To advance the purpose of InterVarsity, this position will provide leadership and subject matter expertise in the delivery and effective utilization of strategic databases, platforms, software solutions, and integrations across the Fellowship. To optimize ministry results, this role will work collaboratively with IT Leadership including the InterVarsity Press Director of IT, Web Director and the Field Technology Innovation Specialist and with the Program Management Office.
- Be a maturing disciple of Jesus Christ: growing in love for God, God's Word, God's people of every ethnicity and culture, and God's purposes in the world.
- Be a lifelong learner who prizes the discipleship of the mind; particularly staying current on issues of technology innovation, software development, database warehousing and administration, integrations, and security best practices.
- Serve on the IT Services Leadership Team to build a highly effective and unified ITS department that clearly understands its purpose within the context of InterVarsity’s mission and objectives.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, supervise, and retain qualified staff.
- Build strong working relationships with Finance and Administration staff to strengthen organizational business processes, and to ensure an integrated approach to delivering value-adding services.
- Refine and implement an effective assessment system for IT Software Services.Recommend new or revised systems, methods, programs, and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Raise an agreed-upon amount of financialsupport annually.
- Annually affirm InterVarsity’s Statement of Faith and abide by InterVarsity’s Code of Conduct
- Thorough knowledge of or the ability to learn: the purpose, vision, ministries and policies of InterVarsity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other related degree is required. Master’s degree or equivalent is strongly preferred
- Eight years of leading software development teams is required.
- Six years of project management experience is required.
- Thorough understanding of web usability design, development, testing, and security
- Proficiency with integration platforms and APIs (Workday, Salesforce, Microsoft)
- Proficiency with software development methodologies, toolsets, and software development life cycle.
- Working knowledge of a cloud based hosting services such as AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Excellent knowledge of documentation policies, procedures, and systems of internal control
- Leadership experience managing and implementing successful, comprehensive programs to achieve goals
- Strong theological acuity and spiritual maturity
- Experience preparing and managing department and project budgets.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to work in a diverse team environment. Cross-cultural abilities, including conflict resolution and leadership when crossing cultures