Req Id 23681
Primary Purpose of The Position
The Director, Software Planning & Design plays the role fronting the IT software teams in interfacingwith the business units across the company. It oversees the business analysis, software architecture and software product ownership functions supporting the development of the tools required to enable Intelsat's evolving business needs.
In addition, interfaces with the Innovation department with respect to new technologies, products and services requiring software architecture and design support.
- Act as Thought leader and software architect; defines & manages standards for SW architecture.
- Oversee software analysis function.
- Act as primary IT interface to the organization for all software system projects.
- Develop the IT technology roadmap to ensure continued evolution of a supportable production architecture capable of responding to Intelsat business needs.
- Establish business partnershipwith peers in the organization to understand evolving needs, translate them into a roadmap of changes needed over time, and define roles and timelines to achieve the plan.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing COTS software vendors, understands and helps define Intelsat's needs from those vendors to influence product development by their teams. Monitors changes to the products and impact on Intelsat's ability to use the software in our environment.
- Support implementation of changes to the systems by the various development teams to ensure systems are aligned with one another and fit a common architecture.
- Ensure application development teams are informed of technology trends.
Required Skills And Knowledge
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or another applicable discipline with at least ten (10) years of relevant experience (or an equivalent combination of education and direct work experience).
- Must have experience leading technical teams of 10+ employees through the design and development of custom applications
- Must have experience directly managing 3+ senior resources and a track record of developing staff and mentoring junior resources to improve their performance and organizational fit
- Strong negotiator and relationship builder, able to hold partner organizations accountable for deliverables while maintaining professional and productive relationships
- Strong technical skills pertaining to software design and architecture
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- In-depth knowledge of satellite concepts and the satellite Operations environment; a strong understanding of the Epic satellite architecture and business concepts
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.