- Lead product management for all consumer first-party software, including gaming, welcome experience and ongoing device management.
- Ensure all third-party software is excellent and, in combination with our first-party software, drives a consistent experience for our customers.
- Manage software design and user experience design across the HP Personal Systems organization to drive a high-fidelity and consistent look, feel and interaction model.
- Drive a system of analytics and telemetry that informs stakeholders across Personal Systems.
Knowledge & Skills
- Be Visionary. Set the product vision and evangelize it ruthlessly to stakeholders across HP, including Senior Executives, partner product divisions, regional partners, marketing, finance and IT.
- Deliver Results. Drive decisions to and lead your team to ensure programs stay on schedule and launch. Obsess over data and results. Identify how to constantly define and measure success.
- Lead from the Front. Create a performance driven culture, while providing support, mentorship and guidance to your team. Manage all hiring, goal- setting and monitoring of annual performance plans and career development.
- Know your customer. Be deeply customer-curious- consumer formal insights gathering and regularly to our customers- internalize the point of view of our customer and exhaustively represent her wants, needs and pain points. Lead the product and design teams to create world-class customer experiences rooted in insight.
- Drive Collaboration. Create a culture of collaboration and promote deep partnership between product management, design and engineering to create exceptional experiences for our customers. Be prepared to operate in highly-matrixed organization with partners across HP.
- Think strategically, execute tactically. Have the ability to work at a strategic level with senior leaders and the will and want to roll up your sleeves and work tactically with individuals on your team to drive results.
- Crave ownership. You will be accountable for the success of your programs - don’t expect someone else to make the tough decisions. Set clear expectations for your team and hold yourself and your team accountable to results.
- Attention to Detail. You will define the strategic direction of the product portfolio, while empowering your team to make daily decisions. See the link between the granular details and big picture.
- Inspire passion. Infuse your team with excitement and enthusiasm for creating high-fidelity work and whistling as they make it happen.
- Initiative. You are a doctor and not a patient. You crave solving tough problems without prescriptive advice on how to get things done.
- Know when to pivot. Expect setbacks and know how to call audibles to align your team and drive forward.
Job ID 3022417