As Director of Test Engineering, you will be responsible to support product-level quality processes and to drive operation excellence improvements and best-in-class Quality Engineering practices. The role includes Managing a highly technical team and also have Technical Project Lead responsibilities to implement improved quality metrics and measurements, ensure that practices are followed consistently across the organization, and drive new quality initiatives across the different cross-functional teams delivering Vantage. You will lead and manage a team and coordinate with different scrum teams to define and implement quality initiatives and product quality improvements.
This role will report to Sr. Director - Engineering and will collaborate closely with Product Management, Product Development Managers and Architects, and other Teradata organizations counterparts to iterate on and execute a vision that delivers technology-enabled, high-impact business outcomes for our enterprise customer base that meet the highest software quality standards.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- Ensure the highest-level customer quality experience with our software
- Lead Feature Testing and Integration testing development with different functional engineering managers/directors
- Track and measure our software quality from customer experience perspective
- Drive and measure effectiveness of quality improvement initiatives within Vantage Program.
- Identify, propose and drive improvement throughout the software development process.
- Driving and implementing test automation and CICD pipeline improvements
- Outstanding leadership skills, and ability to manage a team of Software Development Engineers in Test focused on defining, driving and implementing Quality initiatives across a large development organization.
- 10+ years' experience in Quality Engineering, Test Automation and software development and project management.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other development teams and management.
- Passion for Test Engineering and a skill for identifying and evaluating trade-offs between best opportunities.
- Strong grasp of Kubernetes and database systems concepts and technology.
- Experience in test automation development, programming, shell scripting, quality assurance, test execution, and test tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- BS or MS degree in computer science or computer engineering
- Working knowledge and experience in an Agile development process
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance methodology.
- 10-15 years of cross-functional leadership roles in technology related companies
- Experience for coordinating technical development teams that are geographically dispersed.
- Strong team builder and coach that develops direct reports and top talent across organization to be tomorrow's leaders.
- Prior experience with using, testing databases or implementing database technology. Must be able to demonstrate good understanding of database fundamentals and SQL Programming knowledge.
- Primary Location: Teradata Rancho Bernardo location in San Diego