When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
You will assist the location functional head in hiring, developing, and nurturing great application development teams. You will inspire and assist assigned teams in building high-value products for Vizient and its members. In addition to team development, you will also collaborate with BRMs, UX, PSM, EA, QA/ Support, Ops, and DevOps to make sure products assigned to you are built and operated to expected quality standards.
- Hiring, onboarding, mentoring and ongoing performance management responsibilities for assigned software developers.
- Creation and administration of individualized development plan for direct reports.
- Keep abreast of external technology trends, internal technology roadmaps and proactively steer staff development towards right skill-mixes.
- Work closely with BRM and other stakeholders to foresee staff capacity needs and work with functional head and others to plan for expansion as necessary,
- Work with peers across organization to foster consistency and alignment.
- Mentor and coach teams and leadership on emerging Agile, Lean and Engineering practices and demonstrated ability to build and apply effective Agile delivery structures with multiple Agile teams.
- Each person in this role is assigned a rotating set of products, applications, technical platforms and they are responsible for the following with respect to those assignments -
- Shares Responsibility for technical quality, architecture, operational readiness, technical debt for assigned set of products and applications. Will work closely with BRM, Scrum Master, Team, Principals to achieve this goal.
- Collaborates with EA and Team to guide and monitor application architecture design for compliance and sound engineering practices.
- Collaborates with DevOps, QA, and support team to ensure optimum development and operations.
- Acts as a change agent, working with multiple stakeholders, to improve current technical and operational processes, as well as provide thought leadership and bring new ideas to the table.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and regulatory requirements to ensure alignment with business needs.
- Provides input and influences new vendor agreements, technology acquisition, etc.
Support Delivery of Products and Features:
- Supports one or more BRMs in high-level technical solutioning, estimating, envisioning of new and early initiatives in the pipeline. Does the early groundwork to prepare for the Scrum teams to take over.
- Though BRM has primary responsibility for delivery, this role provides much of the staffing and plays a critical support role.They do this by acting as an escalation point for delivery issues - highlighting and solving any staffing related issues, technical issues, etc.
- This role will assist the BRM to help coordinate complex projects/programs spread over multiple Scrum teams.
- Act as an escalation point for production high severity issues as needed.
- Drive alignment between stakeholder groups and coordinate any cross-functional dependencies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field. Any combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- 10 years minimum of relevant experience is desired
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities