Boost your Product Development Career to New Heights at the Leading Intermodal Technology Company in North America
You?re an accomplished technologist and you?ve build your career on a foundation of product development and keen leadership skills. Now, you want bigger challenges with bigger rewards in a stable and collaborative environment. If this description fits you, then the search for your next great opportunity begins and ends here.
REZ-1, the leading provider of asset and transportation management solutions that drive the global logistics industry, is seeking an experienced and outstanding Director of Product Development to join its team building Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products. This position is located in Oakland, CA and reports to the CTO in Wellesley, MA. You will work closelywith the SVP of Product Development, also in Oakland, CA. This position requires travel to Wellesley, MA 1 week a month for the first 3-6months, and on occasion thereafter.
Here?s Your New Opportunity
As the Rez-1 Director, Product Development, you will be responsible for overall delivery of one or more Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products. You and your team will carry significant empowerment and responsibility to ensure products meet the needs of customers and REZ-1, and that they are built on a sound technical foundation.
In this role, you will:
- Create, maintain, and communicate a product roadmap
- Manage the end-to-end product lifecycle, including requests, requirements, backlog and releaseschedules, specifications and testing
- Lead a cross-functional team consisting of a product manager, agile project manager, product analysts, software developers, and QA engineers
- Initiate and lead agile planning activities to develop stories, acceptance criteria, test cases, and cost and time estimates
- Collaborate with the commercial and finance organizations to manage product profitability
- Develop and publish metrics on product use and usability
- Interact with customers to understand value propositions
- Coordinate withotherproduct development leaders to integrate products as required
- Contribute to the definition of architectural and process standards
- Guide the career development of technical, product, and project professionals
- Make hands-on contributions in multiple aspects of product development including writing code, developing test cases, writing user stories, developing project plans, etc.
How you can qualify for this opportunity
To succeed in this position, you?ll need some special skills and attributes. Naturally, you?ll need to have great technical chops in order to evaluate architects? recommendations as well as clear business and product management acumen. You should also be dynamic, agile, and possess versatile leadership skills. You should be a self-starter as well as a great partner and be both creative and pragmatic. Lastly, you?ll need a willingness to take calculated risks and an ability to judge when such risks are acceptable.
Specifically, we need you to have:
- At least 5years of experience in a SaaS environment using agile development processes
- A Bachelor?s degree in a relevant discipline or its equivalent
- Significant hands-on experiencewith enterprise Java application development
- A deep understanding of web development technology
- Expertise in relationship building, consensus building, and in collaboration in a highly diverse cross-functional team
- Strong communication skills using a variety of media and targeted at a broad variety of internal and external audiences
- An ability to rapidly understand developing and only partially defined product strategy in a dynamic market
- Demonstrable skill at breaking complex technical initiatives down into small and manageable tasks.
- A demonstrable ability to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze product concepts, strategic opportunities and competitive threats
- Strong team building and hiring experience
- A willingness and the ability to provide strong management and leadership
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and deadlines
We?re a successful, financially strong company whose mission-critical web and mobiletechnologies are used in 96 countries. We support our customers from offices in Boston, Oakland, Chicago and Hong Kong. Even so, we still have a small company feel. Our growing high-performance team will be engaged in new development 90 percent of the time as we move to best practices in architecture and coding. Consequently, we want people who take ownership and pride in what they?re doing. That?s why we offer a supportive, collaborative environment that achieves a good balance between work and life. With REZ-1, you?ll have the opportunity to build complete new UIs from scratch, and you?ll have the freedom to present your own ideas.
For more than 20 years, REZ-1 has provided critical container inventory, reservation and financial settlement solutions to North American railroads, intermodal marketing companies, and motor carriers. Recently, REZ-1 has broadened its capabilities to include first and last-mile visibility of ocean, air and LTL shipments, global trading partner connectivity, and container and chassis maintenance and repair functionality. REZ-1 has also developed and implemented a comprehensive suite of fleet management applications for its strategic partner DCLI, the leading chassis provider in North America.
Join Our Unique Culture
REZ-1 isn?t like othertechnology companies. We work in an interesting domain; making real-world tangible products that help our customers move goods around the world. We take great pride in this meaningful work and our flexible, collaborative environment. Here, we?re productive and innovative without watching the clock or being micromanaged. And, our converted warehouse location in Oakland, CA is only two blocks from the waterfront and the famous Jack London Square, where you?ll find the best in culture, nightlife, restaurants and lots of unique activities. We?re also walking distance from the 12th St. Oakland City Center BART Station and the San Francisco Bay Ferry terminal.