Moody’s Analytics - Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS)
Engineering & Technology - Software Engineering
Regular - Experienced Hire
Director - Software Engineering focuses on the direct line management of a team of Engineers (Software Engineers and QA Engineers) that can include managers:
- Ensure that your team members work collaboratively with all functional areas.
- Collaborate with other Engineering Management to continuously improve engineering practices for the broader team.
- Design professional development/training programs that can be leveraged across the broader team.
- Work closely with HR on talent acquisition and talent management for your team and the broader engineering team as needed; provide feedback on job descriptions, perform interviews and contractor discussions / assessments, oversee on-boarding plans and grow them as needed, develop succession plans, etc.
- Provide input for expense budgets covering training, travel and team building.
- Guide your subordinates to plan their careers, set both long and short term.
- Communicate the vision from senior management and set and communicate business objectives for your team that align with this vision.
- Accurately assess the performances of your direct reports, have periodic one on ones, perform timely PE's, coach and provide guidance based on performances and potential.
- Nominate candidates for promotion with reasonable justifications.
- Understand what motivates each of your team members; manage morale and turnover.
- Think strategically and align your team with the overall vision of the business.
ERS Credit Assessment and Orig (304096)
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related majors from top institutions, Masters as a plus.
- 10+ years of professional software design, development and quality assurance experience on multi-tiered SaaS based enterprise applications.
- Leadership Qualifications:
- Proven ability to manage a large, and/or distributed team that includes other managers.
- Can motivate team members to succeed in a fast-paced team environment; is a calming influence to the team in the face of strong pressures to meet deadlines.
- Has significant experience setting objectives; Is able to communicate the vision of the business and translate the vision into objectives for the team.
- Has significant experience evaluating the performance of individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other functional areas at all levels of the organization.
- Is able to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Consistently displays excellent presentation skills.
- Technical Qualifications:
- Deep understanding / experience in Agile / Scrum methodology.
- Deep understandings of Object Oriented designing and programming.
- Is motivated to learn latest technologies and transfer knowledge to others
- Experience in Programming Languages / Databases:
- Preferred: AngularJS 1.x; Angular 2.0+, TypeScript, PostgreSQL
- Experience in Web Application Automation Testing and Tools:
- Required: Selenium, Gherkin, BDD, SpecFlow, API Testing (REST, SOAP, Etc…)
- Preferred: Cucumber Framework, JSON, Jenkins
- Experience in Development Tools / Platforms / Application Servers: Visual Studio, Microsoft Windows, IIS, Perforce, Rally, Git / BitBucket, Jira