MaritzCX started with the simple idea that businesses need more than scores andreports to meet their customerexperience (CX) challenges in the 21st century – and that idea drove us to combine the deep expertise of a proven research leader with the speed and innovation of a modern tech startup. The result is a faster, smarter approach to CX that gives businesses the power to see, sense, and act on theexperiences of every individual customer – across every touchpoint — live.
If you are looking to take on a new challenge, we are looking for a Director of Engineering who is passionate about software development and team-building to join our team in St. Louis. This position will be responsible for leading, mentoring, evaluating, and hiring software developers.
Our ideal candidate knows the SaaS industry, values collaboration and an Agile environment, and knows the answer to life, the universe, and everything. Other tasks include managing priorities, organizing teams for optimal execution, validating technical strategies, and working with product managers and other leaders within the organization to deliver world class software.
- Lead multiple development teams
- Mentor and support development managers
- Build and inspire exceptional teams
- Build and sustain a culture that promotes teamwork, autonomy, mastery, and purpose
- Manage the budget for long-term team success
- Bridge the gap between technical and non-technical people
- Provide direction through organizational and technical mission objectives and empower your teams to succeed within those mission objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent technical field, or equivalent relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing large scale distributed platforms/systems/applications
- Experience as team lead/architect on SaaSapplication/platforms
- Strong CS fundamentals, including proficiency in data structures, OOP, and Gang of Four design patterns
- 5+ years of people management experience with strong focus on executing large-scale/complex initiatives, including hiring and mentoring top-notch engineers
- Proven leadership ability and evidence of positively influencing cross-functional teams
- Ability to apply creative solutions toward solving problems
- Self-motivated professional who can take accountability of project goals, work independently with minimal direction, partner effectively with functional counterparts, and motivate the team members to achieve collective success.
- Experience leading software delivery using Agile methodology