iStreamPlanet’s 110 team members deliver unparalleled quality and service to over 100 million streaming media users. The products we build enable our customers to steam events like to Super Bowl, The Olympics, the NCAA March Madness and countless live streams that make cord cutters cheer! Every day we work to build limitless scale, higher quality and, most of all, customer joy from the individual device user to the content owner.
Growth and demand has created an opportunity for a Director of Software Engineering.
As the Director of Software Engineering at iStreamPlanet, you will lead and manage all aspects of our software development life cycle from strategy through development to production, as well as building and leading a world class engineering organization.
- Lead, manage and build a best-in-class software engineering organization.
- Build and foster a high-performance culture, where you provide your team with the tools and motivation to make things happen.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of engineers on your team to continuously improve our software engineering practices
- Collaborate with executive leadership on technology strategy
- Facilitate regular team stand-ups, resource planning, and code reviews
- Participate in cross-functional planning and reviews with key stakeholders
- Drive the evolution of our product development process to optimize productivity, quality and agility
- You have 10+ years of experience managing software engineering organizations
- Proven career in creating and managing high performing teams.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done at high quality.
- Strong architecture, design, and implementation skills with a strong understanding of one or more coding languages (Go/C/C++/C#/Java/Swift/Python).
- Experience with distributed computing and tools.
- Demonstrated technical leadership in designing highly scalable products end to end, overseeing the design, architecture, and meeting customer requirements.
- Strong understanding of network principles, e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, Multicast, DNS, Virtual LAN, RTP, SSL/TLS.