With its quarter of a billion monthly listeners, iHeartMedia has a greater reach than any other media company in the U.S. Its leadership position in audio extends across multiple platforms, including more than 860 live broadcast stations in over 160 markets nationwide; number one podcast publisher in downloads, unique listeners, revenue and earnings -- as well as its industry-leading iHeartRadio digital service, available across more than 250 platforms and 2,000 devices; and the company’s live and virtual events business.
iHeartMedia also leads the audio industry in analytics, targeting and attribution for its marketing partners with its SmartAudio suite of data targeting and attribution products using data from its massive consumer base.
The Director, Software Engineering is responsible for detailed technical design, development and maintenance of iHeart’s business applications with a specific focus on ERP systems. This includes setting a clear software engineering vision for the future of ERP systems at iHeart, developing software engineering tools, processes and solution architectures to achieve this vision and executing the roadmap. This technology leader will work with stakeholders from the iHeart business teams and IHeart IT teams to understand our business systems, processes and services and to implement and deliver applications, platforms, and APIs necessary to deliver this strategy.
- Support the implementation and contribute to the enterprise vision for our ERP systems as well as related systems and third-party services.
- Lead all technical delivery activities for ERP systems: requirements analysis, systems analysis, solution architecture, technical design, coding, unit testing, test automation, regression testing, performance testing, environment provisioning, 3rd level support, production and test deployments.
- Provide technical thought leadership in scrum teams, optimize technical decisions to maximize scrum team velocity and support business teams in all aspects of backlog prioritization.
- Establish strong partnerships with business teams and other IT teams (enterprise architecture, information management, operations).
- Refactor and extend existing systems and technologies in accordance with architecture and strategy.
- Contribute to make/buy decisions and vendor selection activities.
- Establish a repeatable and highly reliable process for managing testing, integration and deployment of software updates to distributed systems without business disruption.
- Build and lead a lean team of skilled professionals with skills, subject matter expertise and experience that meets iHeartMedia needs.
- Develop team members (career, training) to achieve excellent employee satisfaction metrics.
- Collaborate with technical and operational peers across iHeartMedia to ensure that our technical direction and approach aligns vertically throughout the technology stack.
- Keep abreast of industry standards and ensure we are driving those that are important to us and aligned with others as appropriate.
- Keep track of innovation and technology trends in relevant industries and also of leading vendors.
- Understand product roadmaps for key technology vendors and ensure that we are driving and aligning where appropriate.
- Ensure high levels of operational discipline and high availability for our ERP systems.
- Establish operational and administrative processes that standardize and centralize management of appropriate functions.
- Establish strong IT service management, monitoring and capacity planning competencies.
- Create a data-driven culture with high standards of operational excellence and continuous improvement.
- Ability to lead development teams to design and build error free software, meeting functional and non-functional requirements.
- Ability to leverage cloud environments, SaaS, Iaas and PaaS.
- Ability to leverage open source software to reduce/eliminate software licensing costs.
- Ability to hire top talent and build coherent and well organized team with focus on exceeding employee satisfaction.
- Ability to lead teams and manage peers through influence.
- Ability to ramp-up project teams using staff-augmentation firms.
- Ability to establish a data-driven culture and a repeatable, structured and disciplined approach to the full systems lifecycle.
- Project and program management, planning and organizational skills.
- Experienced in delivering billing, accounts receivable, e-commerce capabilities
San Antonio, TX: 20880 Stone Oak Parkway, 78258
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.