From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
***The location for this position can be Dallas, TX or Memphis, TN.***
The Director of Software Engineering will be responsible for crafting development standard methodologies and dev culture along with directing a team of development managers to assure development efficiency, hiring and onboarding engineers, mentoring and educating engineers, and focusing on building a strong development culture to power delivery of Hilton web technology. You will collaborate with multiple teams including Product, Design, and Architecture to drive efficiency, standards, and maintain architectural integrity of Web technology.
More specifically, you will:
Software Engineering Best Practices:
- Build and drive adoption of the best methods and follow core software engineering principles.
- Create positive partnerships with the product leadership and software engineering management to ensure engineers are applying these principles and provide the opportunity to give immediate feedback when needed.
- Establish metrics and code review process to track efficiency and standard methodology adoption and provide updates to leadership periodically.
Software Engineering Work Efficiency and Quality:
- Craft a process to monitor development efficiency through metrics and product team feedback, intended to give direction back to product managers and developers on the best course of action as it pertains to engineers.
- Team up with office space managers to ensure spaces are customized to provide optimal work environment for software engineers and solicit continual feedback from product and engineering. We believe work environment plays a meaningful role in productivity.
Scale Manage Software Engineers, Culture, and Recruiting:
- Build a team of committed software engineering managers to support the hiring, onboarding, training, mentoring, and career development process.
- Recruit new talent by attending and contributing to meetups and conferences as well as establishing a distinctive and fierce software engineering culture which will be an essential to put Hilton top of mind in the development communities.
Provide Expert Leadership:
- Have a solid grasp of business objectives and be able to translate what engineers are working on to those related business objectives.
- Ensure the work is being framed up appropriately by Product to deliver goals and timelines at a high level.
- Elevate issues as necessary to leadership.
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Organized, dedicated and hardworking
- Strong committed personality to implement architecture principles and set teams up for success
- Ability to thrive in a high paced creative and dynamic environment
- Experience with large e-commerce and digital delivery
- Capability to effectively balance multiple platforms, teams, assignments and priorities
- Strong validated leadership skills and capability to work with multi-functional leads
- Aptitude to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with focus and precision
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Ten (10) Years of professional experience in Software Engineering
- Four (4) Years of Management/Supervisory experience
- Deep understanding of Software Engineering Best Practices and strong working knowledge of the Principles for Architecture
- Solid grasp and experience in Agile Methodology
- Travel - 25%
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Twelve (12) years of Software Engineering experience
- Six (6) years of Management/Supervisory experience
- Five (5) years of .NET experience
- Two (2) years of Architecture experience
- Deep understanding and experience with Customer-facing Web and API Technologies
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!