We are looking for a passionate software engineering leader who will be able to effectively guide and build teams to be successful. The Director works closely with Engineering Leadership and key stakeholders across the company to execute the strategic priorities of the company, specifically in regard to our web experiences.
The Director,Software Engineering will lead a group of teams located in Atlanta, GA. These teams are focused on audience acquisition and engagement for Autotrader through SEO, SEM, editorial, personalized experiences, and content management. These services use a combination of AWS and on-prem implementations. Our team is highly dynamic and regularly solves new challenges through amazing technology combined with deep domain understanding.
- Manages a set of software engineering teams within Autotrader and ensures responsibility for the engineering and architecture alignment of all solutions delivered within these teams.
- Ensures that team organization, individual development, and communication are in line with the Autotrader vision. Builds scrum and leadership teams that perform at a high level. Fosters inter-team collaboration and productivity.
- Implements, measures and reports on the execution strategy defined for the team. Execution includes delivery of planned work, with deliverables that meet company standards with respect to quality, scalability, and reliability. Effectively communicates with key stakeholders when either scope or timeline of projects require modification.
- Oversees engineering processes and ability to generate new processes to meet needs. Works closely with senior leadership on continual process improvement and organizational change to support Agile values.
- Responsible for appropriately allocating teams to the highest value investments per business backlog and release planning. Formulate and communicate mitigation strategies for long running projects or projects where risk is high.
- Tracks and measures project work and programs to assess overall success. Responsible for ensuring the program scrum teams' overall morale and productivity continue to improve.
- Manages career progression for team members to include hiring, performance reviews, salary decisions, mentoring, and coaching.
- Partners with leadership on higher level initiatives across Cox Automotive.
- Oversees budgeting for local team including headcount, hardware to support projects, staffing, facilities and tools for software development.
- Responsible for local engineering brand awareness strategy and implementation as well as responsible for continuing to evolve culture of engineering team to drive Cox Automotive Engineering operating principles.
- Bachelor's degree is recommended and a Master's degree in related field is desired
- 10+ years relevant experience with at least 5 years leadership experience in a software development organization, ideally in an Agile environment
- Proven ability to lead and advance software teams
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing product delivery best practices
- Experience with Agile principles and delivery approaches
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Background in program management in a high-growth company
- Exceptional and proven leadership skills