Are you excited by the challenge of solving large-scale FinTech problems through innovative engineering and product management? Do you enjoy solving complex challenges with open source technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative, and creative environment? Are you obsessed about building robust, highly scalable, available enterprise grade platforms that are the heartbeat for delivering high quality products? At the same time have a great feel for a seamless engaging customer experience? You're at the right place!
We're looking for an influential engineering leader to provide strategic direction on initiatives with significant bottom line impact. This role provides a considerable opportunity for ingenuity, as this individual will work as a key leader of an exceptionally talented team, to deliver cutting edge innovation at a massive scale.
We are looking for an independent thinker who makes convincing, evidence-based, consensus oriented decisions. The ideal candidate will devise clear roadmaps to fruition and is comfortable thinking strategically and diving deep; a vanguard leader who can identify opportunities and leverage the team to translate them into live solutions.
What you will need to bring for this position:
- A proven passion for building, leading and growing high performing teams in the development and rapid delivery of next-generation digital platform and products
- A servant leader that has a history of creating a safe space and inclusive environment fostering diverse views and approaches from the team, coaching and mentoring them to thrive in a dynamic workplace
- A history of embracing and incubating emerging technology and open source products
- A real passion for building highly resilient, scalable and available platforms, rich reusable foundational capabilities and seamless developer experience while focusing on strategic vision and technology roadmap delivery in an MVP / iterative fast paced approach.
- Ability to collaborate with various partners in the tech and startup ecosystems
- The ability to seed and extend innovation into the greater organization to develop key talent, consistent with that of a leading technology company
- Technical Leadership: the ability to inspire your teammates to think outside the box as they deliver high quality software solutions
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best application engineering talent.
- Innovative thinking with a passion for problem-solving
- Ability to provide a logical framework to support conclusions and ideas.
- Great attitude, team player and energy amplifier. Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and technologies
- Take ideas and concepts, and visualize them in ways such that they are communicated effectively and compellingly for internal leaders, partners and customers, thereby building strong partnerships, consensus and alignment.
- Understanding of ways to lead a team developing in an Agile environment
- Provide hands-on technical leadership to a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle
- Co-create a strategic vision for external developer / partner facing highly available platforms and products.
- Collaborate with architects, other teams, product owners, and software engineers to drive implementation of robust platform capabilities and experiences.
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills to interact and build strong partnerships across organizational boundaries.
- Influence with a strong positive attitude: Drive consensus across cross functional leaders and teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Conduct design, architecture and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, unstructured environment
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years' experience with Amazon Web Services / Microsoft Azure / Google Cloud
- At least 3 years' of experience operating in Software Engineering space with DevOps thinking
- Master's Degree
- 10+ years in inspiring, coaching and growing highly performant software engineering teams
- 8+ years' experience in Agile practices
- 5+ years' experience working with Amazon Web Services
- 5+ years' experience in leading highly scalable web application development
- 5+ years' experience leading highly available internet facing customer application development
- 3+ years' experience with building modern applications using microservices based architecture,