The Director of Engineering will be responsible for leading multiple full-stack engineering teams that are focused on improving Asurion’s next-generation of consumer products. This leader will be well versed in lean methodologies and have a track record of helping teams deliver incremental value on a daily basis.
Asurion believes energetically in close collaboration between engineering, product, design, and data teams to build products and services that customers want and meet their needs. The best candidates will embrace that culture of cross-team collaboration and also demonstrate it at their level – working closely with other senior leaders in shaping our strategy and execution. The role requires a forward-thinking leader who, by nature, loves technology and loves guiding people – and will help us adapt and evolve as technology and customer needs constantly change.
- Leads a team of 25+, composed of software engineers and various leadership positions
- Sets and articulates the technical vision for multiple teams working to deliver next generation products
- Establishes and implements on plans to recruit, retain, and grow a world class, diverse engineering team
- Embraces and improves an environment where lean development practices are the norm – quickly turning ideas into MVPs, measuring the effect on KPIs, and pivoting or persevering based on results
- Partners closely with Product and Design counterparts to align on vision, ensure teams are appropriately skilled and mapped to achieve that vision, and then deliver on that vision
- Uses communication and collaboration resources to provide a high-level of visibility and transparency around KPIs, design, backlog and results to senior leadership and other teams
- 7+ years’ experience developing software with past experience as a hands-on software engineer
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering leadership position at a technology company with a focus on delivering high-scale, consumer facing, web or mobile products
- 3+ years of experience directly managing Engineering Managers and leading a full-time, co-located team of 20+ engineers
- Experience utilizing extreme programming and lean techniques to incorporate speed and quality into the delivery process
- Experience driving adoption of software development best practices (continuous deployment, devops, full-stack engineering, micro-service architecture, etc.).
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering, Business, or related field (an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered)