Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
As the Director of the Subscription Lifecycle, you will be responsible for all payment and subscription processing at Hulu, as well as critical customer, marketing and financial tools that touch all of our current and prospective subscribers. Our subscription lifecycle consists of a number of development teams that are counted on to build some of the most secure, reliable and highly available services at Hulu. The ideal candidate will be able to assimilate into this tight culture and also help the teams scale through plotting out the right future architecture, assessing new technology options, building the right organizational structure, and hiring intelligently.
WHAT TO BRING
- 10+ years of experience leading engineering teams in the ecommerce, payments or subscriptions processing space
- Exceptional leadership skills and proven experience in building and maintaining a high performing, customer-focused team culture
- Demonstrated ability to grow and mentor other managers, attract talent, build teams, culture, and have fun!
- Demonstrated ability to ship large scale projects with emphasis on quality, security, scale and high-availability
- Strong knowledge of high performance, high availability service design patterns
- Advanced practitioner of Agile, CI/CD and test-driven methodologies
- Strong analytical skills and passionate about answering questions with data
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics or similar degree
- A passion for digital entertainment
- Experience with device, third party marketplaces and mobile billing (e.g. Apple, Google, Amazon, Roku, etc.) a plus
- Experience with compliance (PCI, etc.)