Bringing out the best in people
As advanced as dentistry is today, we are dedicated to making it even better. Our people have a passion for innovation and are committed to applying it to improve dental care. We live and breathe high performance, working as one global team, bringing out the best in each other for the benefit of dental patients, and the professionals who serve them. If you want to grow and develop as a part of a team that is shaping an industry, then we’re looking for the best to join us.
Working at Dentsply Sirona you are able to:
Develop faster - with our commitment to the best professional development.
Perform better - as part of a high-performance, empowering culture.
Shape an industry - with a market leader that continues to drive innovation.
Make a difference -by helping improve oral health worldwide.
Position Summary: As a member of the Atlantis R&D team, the Director of Software Development leads the Atlantis software engineering group in support of the Digital Implant Solutions platform of Dentsply Sirona Implants. The scope is global and includes the definition and development of software used in the production of custom dental products, as well as product maintenance and continual improvement activities. The group develops software for order entry and review, 3D scanning and integration of data from 3rd party 3D scanners, automated custom shape generation, 3D editing of custom shapes, and manufacturing process work flow.
Responsibilities and Role:
- Lead and manage software development across multiple software groups in support of the expansion of the Atlantis Abutments, Atlantis Suprastructures, and Simplant Guide product lines.
- Lead and manage cross-functional, cross-platform and cross-SBU integration/synergy initiatives as assigned.
- Manage managers and line staff assigned to software development, build and release tools and software quality assurance. Manage developers and development management staff in daily activities. Build individual and group capacity through coaching and mentoring both individual contributors and managers in the group.
- Coordinate software development activities with internal and external development teams, IS/IT teams, and outside partners & vendors.
- Be responsible for adherence to Design Control procedures in accordance with national and international regulations, and company requirements.
- Manage overall communications with manufacturing operations and marketing groups regarding the planning and status of Development projects on a global basis.
- Manage the preparation of necessary release documentation (software release requirements documentation, process validation plans and reports, quality plans and reports, and engineering change orders).
- Work across departments and with customers to define the software tools and gather software requirements needed for success.
- Lead cross department efforts as needed in all areas, but particularly those areas that relate to software or other technical fields.
- Identify tools and protocols and generally support the process to improve the software development process and quality.
- Creating and executing development plans, development procedures, generating schedules, and reports on progress.
- Develop budgets, write reviews, and process other administrative tasks needed to run the business.
- Coordinate and conduct recurrent project reviews at all leadership levels.
- A minimum of 15years overall software development experience with at least 10 years of software development leadership experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mechanical Engineeringrequired, Advanced degreepreferred.
- Strong experience with life-cycle software development: requirements, specification, design, testing, implementation, and debugging/support.
- Strong working knowledge of software development methodologies and tools, including experience with automated build systems, version & project control, and project planning
- Working knowledge of object oriented software system design and implementation
The Preferred Candidate:
- Someone who has worked in product development in the medical device industry who has held positions of increasing scope including ideally roles at different companies.
- Should have work experience and a track record of accomplishment in an international multi-site business environment.
- Should have work experience in collaborative development with business partners.
- Must be proficient with managing change in business processes, embodied by distributed and centralized software components.
- Has experience in supervising or leading lower level individuals in their areas of expertise.
- Should have strong organization and project management experience.
- Should have a proven track record of accomplishments in a business or industrial setting.
- Should be a quick study in a fast paced environment.
- Should have strong interpersonal skills including ability to coordinate development activities with stakeholders on a global basis.
Reporting: The successful candidate will directly report to the Vice President of Atlantis Global Development.