IHS Markit is seeking an experienced, driven and hands on, Director based in Denver, CO who will report to the Executive Director of Software Development. This role will be responsible for leading the development effort for several scrum teams in one of our key product offerings. The candidate has experience with leading multiple development teams both offshore and on-site. The candidate has experience in developing and deploying native cloud-based solutions, possesses a passion for container-based technologies, immutable infrastructure, and continuous delivery practices in deploying global commercial software. They also ensure that the software meets the required standards and follows industry best practices. As Director, you are also skilled in fostering collaboration, innovation and integrity not only within your team but across team boundaries.
- Provide thought leadership in technology direction, technical services, vendor partnership, and industry standards adoption.
- Assume a leadership role in ensuring on-time, high-quality delivery of products through the entire application life cycle.
- Serve as mentor and coach to technical delivery staff.
- Promote knowledge sharing across product-development teams.
- Maintain an excellent understanding of the business long term goals and strategy and ensures that designs are aligned with these.
- Track and communicate team progress and team status to the stakeholders.
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical partners
Education / Experience
- Eight (10) or more years of increasing responsibility in technical roles, with 4 or more years of experience managing multiple development teams.
- Existing experience with container runtimes and container management systems such as Kubernetes.
- Ability to work with wide variety of programing languages
- Real-world experience providing technical leadership on Agile software development projects.
- Experience in Microservice architecture and development including REST based APIs.
- Experience with software for high volume data ingestion using technologies such as Storm, Kafka and Redis.
- Cloud experience with deploying and integrating cloud native applications with several providers.
- Ability to function well when working in somewhat ambiguous situations.
- Strong, effective communication skills as to bring multiple personalities and cultures together to work towards a common goal.