What will I be doing?
The Director of Social will be responsible for leading the strategic vision for HGV across all earned, owned and paid social platforms. The Director will intimately understand internal client goals to develop innovative, thoughtful content that will deliver on company objectives in both physical locations and across the transmedia landscape. The Director will be directly responsible for leading the social team in the management, moderation, workflows, and analytics for online channels including social media, SMS, and other emerging social platforms for brand, talent acquisition and APAC channels. This senior leader will have experience in creating a global social media strategy and have a proven record of leveraging customized strategies for designing, executing and measuring content for online brand reputation management.
This leader will grow and develop a team of experienced and dynamic individuals to position HGV for the unlimited opportunities and challenges in the social media space. They will be responsible for curating and tailoring content to each target audience and will work with third-party vendors and internal teams to drive the creation of content that resonates with each respective audience. This leader will be responsible for infusing social into the entire consumer journey and work with partners including but not limited to HR, Sales, Marketing, Club and Resort Operations.
The primary objective of this role is to lead the strategic vision for social media across all channels with a focus on support for content, brand reputation management and assistance with paid campaigns. This leader and their team will be responsible for managing newly launched brand initiatives including the corporate blog, Explorers program and daily user generated content curation to help position HGV as a leader within the space.
The Director must be on intimate terms with the inner workings of all major social platforms and know how to modify methods as the platforms themselves change. It is equally important that the Director have the ability to understand how social media affects SEO, search results and web/digital traffic and be able to assist partners in leveraging social to help with overall online brand reputation.
The ideal candidate for the Director of Social will be a global-minded, dynamic, thoughtful, multi-dimensional social media executive, strategic and creative in nature, with experience in innovative environments and proven relationship building skills.
The Director must understand current social media platforms and be familiar with WordPress, Hootsuite, Salesforce, G Suite, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Responsible for innovating and growing social experiences on HGV's platforms
- Support all HGV events and announcements (i.e. Club Member Education Events, grand openings, new property announcements, Earnings calls)
- Collaborate and ensure the successful integration of social media into HGV's data, digital and online strategies
- Continually lead and direct the search for new and improved social media solutions
- Lead and manage a diverse social media team focused on brand, HR and APAC to deliver on HGV's global, growing needs
- Understand the complexities of social media analytics and campaign attribution and clearly articulate findings to other business leaders
- Be a social scientist and knowledgeable of the social space from a product perspective
- Responsible for producing and maintaining clear reporting around Social Media efforts for communicating to the executive level
- Analyze performance to understand results, successes, failures and their root causes make changes as needed to ensure success
- Must exercise independent sound judgment.
- Proactively seeks out appropriate business groups for assistance with moderation resolutions
- Leads and delivers ad-hocsocial media related projects as requested by management.
- Proactively bring innovative new ideas and explore growth opportunities in the rapidly changing social and digital media environment
- Direct financial stewardship experience managing budgets
- Autonomous leader who can represent and interact at senior management level
- Creative self-starter who brings a sense of urgency and strong work ethic and passion to the position.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Deadline-oriented, prioritizes appropriately, flexible, maintains grace under pressure and can work effectively with high-profile individuals
What is HGV looking for?
- BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of ten (10) or more years of social mediaexperience
- 7 to 10 years demonstrated experience working strategically to create social media strategy
- Can lead and manage a team to create content, moderate and report across all social platforms
- Proficient in social media monitoring, listening and reporting tools
- Experience creating coordinated campaigns that utilize a wide variety of social mediachannels while delivering results
- Strong oral communication skills and a sophisticated understanding of what should be communicated to different audiences
- Strong understanding of current and emerging social mediachannels
- Ability to work in a team
- Must be a motivated and have ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be analytical, creative and a good problem solver
- Salesforce Experience
- Proficient in all facets of Social Media campaign life cycle (development, deployment, reporting)
- Must possess good analytical and communications skills
- Ability to execute on Social Media requests within an expedited time frame