Tilson is a high growth team of driven professionals with a national practice. We are on a mission to build America’s information infrastructure. We accomplish this with a team of experts working collaboratively on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients. Our team environment fosters intellectual curiosity, motivates employees, and cultivates talented people who work with purpose, mastery and autonomy. We strive to listen to our clients, partner with them as a team, and accept their goals as our own.
Tilson has been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S. for eight years in a row. Tilson is seeking an experienced and dedicated leader to lead one of Tilson largest and fastest growing business units. The Director of Small Cell plays a vital role in Tilson’s leadership team, overseeing small cell and 5G and other wireless deployment projects across the country. This position directs and supports the work of project managers who in turn lead project teams. These teams provide a variety of services to our customers including site acquisition, A&E, municipal engagement, licensing, permitting, construction and maintenance. Responsibilities:
- Provide direction and support to Project Managers located across the country.
- Development and implementation of overall strategy for the Small Cell including both short term and long term strategic goals and initiatives.
- Overall accountability and management of a $20M P&L with growth goals of 20%-35% year over year.
- Be actively engaged in growing the business, including selling to new customers and growing existing accounts.
- Lead, coach and develop business line leaders and staff. Accountable for the development and organization of the team to support growth and customer delivery.
- Responsible for ensuring a high level of satisfaction for the services provided by the Small Cell Division team to its customers nationwide.
- Develop yearly, monthly and project-based financial and productivity forecasts and measure success against forecast. Deploy solutions to ensure budgets and forecasts are met and changes to forecasts are communicated timely.
- Develop project estimates with the team to support bids and business development activities.
- Provide executive account management and business development for key clients.
- Evaluate overall workforce development strategy and work with VP of Workforce to ensure human resources, training and development plans align with growth objectives.
- Provide point of escalation for internal and external stakeholders and serve as the accountable escalation and decision maker.
- Work with peers and senior management to ensure development and implementation of processes and tools is aligned with yearly and long-term goals.
- Ensure efficient labor utilization within the organization and through cross practice resource sharing.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired in Business Administration or related degree.
- Experienced in Project Management and in leading project management teams across a national footprint.
- Experienced in working with wireless and fiber carriers and have a deep understanding of the industry.
- Demonstrated ability to grow a business.
- Must have strong leadership and organizational development skills.
- Proven experience driving growth and profitability in a high pace, technical field.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience in financial modeling with a focus on understanding the business behind the numbers.
- Willingness to work extended hours as needed, with 30-50% travel within the US.
- Proven record of working successfully with ambiguous information and limited direction.
Successful candidates will be required to submit to a criminal background check. Tilson offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Paid time off
- Healthcare, disability, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment