Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you'll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you're ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps' Site Selection and Incentives Advisory practice helps companies select sites that meet future workforce needs and secure value from business incentives.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we'll maximize the value of your career.
Within Tax, our Site Selection Incentives Advisory practice will assist companies in assessing and selecting new locations for their companies and accessing the myriad tax and other financial incentives offered by state and local governments in return for their investment initiatives and economic activity.
- Meeting with clients, assessing their needs for new locations or expansions of existing facilities.
- Working cooperatively with clients to develop parameters for a new location and selecting variables and data to assist the client with their decisions
- Developing discounted cash flow models to compare the benefits and advantages of each site under consideration
- Gathering data from state and local communities to support the models
- Presenting location analysis to clients and their leadership
- Creating and executing negotiating strategies on behalf of clients seeking credits and grants for projects within the multi-state region
- Directing staff as necessary in research, analysis and report preparation, application writing and other relevant tasks
- Presenting client projects to government officials and leading discussions with clients regarding relevant incentives programs and the process involved in qualifying
- Preparing and presenting proposals and qualifications to prospective clients
- Preparing and presenting comprehensive reports regarding potential financial incentives when available based on the client's facts
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience within a consulting or real estate firm, economic development agency, or a state tax agency.
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field, post-graduate study preferred
- Working knowledge of the financial incentives (both statutory and discretionary in nature) available in the multi-state region
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Dedication to teamwork
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with focus on Word and Excel
- Ability to adapt to ever changing client demands
- Flexibility to travel, as needed
- Supervisory experience