Paragon Gene Therapy, in Baltimore, Harmans, Gaithersburg, and Catonsville, Maryland, provides industry-leading GMP development and manufacturing services for cutting-edge biopharmaceuticals such as recombinant viral vectors, next generation vaccines & hard-to-express recombinant proteins and oncolytic viruses.
The Director, Site Security is a key business partner supporting People, Property and Assets across multiple locations within and surrounding Baltimore, MD for an entire business unit of Catalent Biologics. Reporting into the VP, Facilities & Engineering for Paragon Gene Therapy, this position will oversee, implement and manage security programs.
The ideal candidate will understand the risks to pharmaceutical businesses, and the strategies necessary to mitigate these risks through the management of a 24/7 security operation. This requires identifying critical assets, assessing threats and risks and ensuring an effective process of notification and communication.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Highly effective leadership for both employees and security vendors that are onsite 24 hours per day/7 days per week.
- Presence regularly and as needed, at all of the locations included in the Paragon Gene Therapy business unit.
- Ensure and uphold site compliance to Security requirements per state & federal laws as well as company policies while ensuring a positive working relationship with all company employees
- Blend current state security policies with those of the larger Catalent organization consistently reviewing and updating based on most up to date requirements
- Implement a robust catastrophic events policy and practice and ensure employees are trained and aware of how to react in such situations. Assist in the establishment of incident command and provide support for recovery and restoration operations both during and after crisis events.
- Develop and execute general security employee training and awareness programs
- Develop and maintain site security master plan(s)
- Ensure effective liaison and collaboration with local law enforcement, Fire Department, and Community Emergency Response Team
- Maintain the BC/Security Entropy system
- Provide emergency support during real incidents
- Provide medical first responder training and coordination as needed
- Manage and investigate site security incidents
- Oversee and manage the site CMBC program
- Develop a positive security culture at the site
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree
- 10 or more years of experience in security (combined corporate security and/or military or law enforcement)
- Experience with computer systems such as MS Office, Word, Outlook, Excel
- Experience managing security vendor relationships
- Experience leading safety, security, facilities, and disaster recovery
- Experience working in a fast paced 24/7 environment (or similar)
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both written and verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills)
- 5 years of leadership experience working in a matrixed corporate environment
- Experience in a security role in an FDA regulated environment
- Possess an industry recognized security or crisis management certification (I.e. CPP, or CBCP)
- Advanced degree in criminal justice