DSM Dyneema LLC is the inventor and manufacturer of Dyneema®, the world’s strongest fiber. Dyneema® is a super strong polyethylene fiber that offers maximum strength, combined with minimum weight. As a result of market demand for Dyneema® in the United States, the Greenville, North Carolina production facility has undergone significant growth and will continue to grow in the foreseeable future.
Our challenge will be to expand production capacity in an orderly and professional manner and as quickly as possible to meet upcoming market demand. Careful attention to changing business needs and a focus on team formation will be critical for the coming years. So, we are recruiting for Director Site Operations.
The Director Site Operations at Greenville manages all support functions on site where we manufacture Dyneema. The Director of Manufacturing manages a team of ~85 people and reports to the Site Director.
In this position you will:
- Direct production planning, purchasing, and financial management activities for DSM Dyneema LLC as well as direct DSM Dyneema LLC Greenville site logistics and maintenance organizations to facilitate the production of high quality DyneemaÒ products
- Ensure that DSM Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) goals are met and there is compliance to DSM and DSM Dyneema requirements, rules and procedures
- Develop and lead a high performing team in a high support and challenging manner; demonstrating trust, support and respect. Sets the scene for DSM Dyneema Values and actively encourages and appreciates Values behaviors and thinking and discourages behaviors that do not align with DSM Dyneema Values
- Provides leadership and competence for maintenance / reliability improvements to the DSM Dyneema manufacturing sites to achieve the plant performance targets; both availability and integrity aligned with the DSM Dyneema manufacturing policy providing sustainable value
- Develop synergies between the DSM Dyneema LLC BU manufacturing sites by combining activities / evaluations / assessments to optimize resources and achieve coordinated solutions in the area of Site Operations
- Coordinate efforts between global and local entities in the areas of Purchasing and Planning, and Maintenance
- Identify potential environmental problems, perform investigations, audits and develop appropriate policies and procedures
- Direct warehouse operations and distribution.
What we want to see in you:
- Associate’s degree in a related field of study plus minimum 9 years of relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment OR Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study plus minimum 8years of work relevant experience in a manufacturing environment OR Master’s degree in a related field of study plus minimum 6 years of work relevant experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a production related industry required
- Minimum 4 years of relevant supervisory experiencerequired
- Experience with supply chain, maintenance and/or reliability highly preferred
- Experience with on-site logistics and planning preferred
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Proven management skills
- Computer literacy and proficiency with MS Office products
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Requisition ID 14361