In this role, you will report directly to the Senior Director of In-Store operations and be the representative of the In-Store technical team covering a wide range of technical and business domains. This role will work collaboratively with peer leaders on the In-Store Engineering team to ensure Operations and Development staff are aligned toward a common mission and engagement model and will work directly with Product and Integration teams to drive customer success when leveraging the Paydiant mobile commerce platform. As the Director of Infrastructure Solutions, you will ensure teams are positioned to execute on the In-Store roadmap, you will direct the integration of the In-Store platforms and technology with core PayPal functional groups, and deliver great value to PayPal and our customers.
- Primary delegate to Sr. Director of Technical Operations on day-to-day business and technical matters for Infrastructure and Operations.
- Responsible for representing In Store team on a majority of technical business, privacy, risk, compliance, and legal matters.
- Responsible for managing the Paydiant Infrastructure Solutions team and respective domains.
- Responsible for technology budgetforecasting and management for Infrastructure Solutions oversight areas, and working closely with and managing strategic vendor partner relationships.
- Responsible for managing, testing, and tracking the disaster recovery and resilience capabilities of the Paydiant platform infrastructure.
- Responsible for defining and tracking objectives and key results (OKRs) within the Infrastructure Solutions team.
- Responsible for the effective monitoring capabilities, monitoring configurations, and alerting of the Paydiant mobile commerce platform.
- Responsible for the execution, tracking, and delivery of Paydiant Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Service Level Objectives (SLOs), as well as identifying additional KPIs for delivering a first-class platform.
- Responsible for driving effective delivery and integration of the Paydiant mobile commerce platform as part of customer and internal PayPal solutions.
- Responsible for the integration of the Paydiant infrastructure and support operations with PayPal.
- Responsible for driving the contribution of Infra & Ops teams on additional PayPal infrastructure platforms through alignment and inner-sourcing.
- At least 10 years of proven leadership with knowledge and experience of infrastructure management, technical operations, customer support and cloud services.
- Effective people manager able to align individual career goals with corporate objectives
- Experience designing technology solutions and knowledge of modern systems architecture, application architecture and cloud/virtualized computing models.
- Strong working knowledge of financial services regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Hands-on technical depth enabling direct oversight, problem-solving leadership and participation for complex infrastructure implementation, system upgrades and operational troubleshooting.
- Experience in a customer-facing leadership position.
- Experience managing software development and infrastructure/operations teams in a DevOps practice.
- Experience managing SRE teams, including managing tier 1-3 support operations.
- Knowledgeable about current and future policies, practices, trends, technology and information relating to infrastructure management.
- Strong relationship, management, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work easily with multiple internal and external partners, build consensus to implement, drive to reach closure and manage expectations about delivery
- Able to deliver high-performance results delivering a blend of new innovative technologies and sometimes with effective integration points with legacy systems as needed.
- Experience in areas such as application operations, network engineering, server & storage cloud infrastructures, database administration, and systems programming and administration.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.